• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

SOURCES VIA ESPN DALLAS AND NETS CLOSE ON KIDD

SmooveTheFuture

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3244102

this just adds more pressure on Billy mums the word Knight to get errrr done.

Sources told ESPN.com that talks between the Mavericks and Nets, which had seemingly stalled, grew serious after the teams played Sunday night in New Jersey and have moved them to the brink of completing the NBA's third blockbuster deal of the month.

Although sources say that the teams are still sorting out final details, this deal was described as "imminent" by one source close to the process after negotiations moved to an advanced stage Tuesday night. The proposed swap -- salvaged from talks of a three-way trade with Portland that developed and fizzled quickly two weeks ago -- would require Dallas to send 24-year-old point guard Devin Harris, veteran swingman Jerry Stackhouse, the expiring contracts of center DeSegana Diop and swingman Devean George and another player such as guard Maurice Ager to New Jersey for Kidd and possibly veteran guard Darrell Armstrong. It's believed that Dallas would also send New Jersey cash and future draft considerations.

Dallas has been widely considered the most likely winner of the Kidd trade sweepstakes, despite the repeated attempts of Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to publicly dismiss the idea of parting with multiple regulars for Kidd. Cuban told several New York-based reporters Sunday before New Jersey beat Dallas that a deal for All-Star floor leader would severely weaken his roster.

Great deal for a Nets team. Gives them a talented young PG to grow with their young bigs.

Good deal for the Mavs.....Seems they took the Suns approach by saying screw the future....lets win now. When you have Cuban's money you can do that b/c he can over spend and out bid other teams for big name free agents down the road.

The funny thing about this deal, is that most Hawk fans would KILL to get their hands on Harris, Diop, and Stackhouse. There is your PG, your C, and your shooter.

Now Dallas would NEVER do this deal, but tradng Chill, Shelden, Zaza, and Lue . . would get us Harris, Diop, and Stackhouse. I think a team like Dallas would worry about acquirng possible talent that could help them, than expiring contracts.

Hawks lineup:

Harris / Law / AJ

JJ / West ( with Stack probably being the guy who spells JJ )

Marvin / Stackhouse

Smoove / Solo ( with Horfrd actually being the backup PF )

Horford / Diop / Wright

Of course, the key would be Devin's ability to get to the basket, and Stack providing timely shooting from the outside.

This would also allow us to possibly start Diop, and bring Horford off the bench, but I would initially keep starting Horford.

Quote:

The funny thing about this deal, is that most Hawk fans would KILL to get their hands on Harris, Diop, and Stackhouse. There is your PG, your C, and your shooter.

That really would be an ideal deal for us.

The bad part? That essentially takes yet another big out of the running for us. LA certainly won't part with Gasol and NJ won't part with Diop (would more likely resign him).

W

Quote:

Now Dallas would NEVER do this deal, but tradng Chill, Shelden, Zaza, and Lue . . would get us Harris, Diop, and Stackhouse. I think a team like Dallas would worry about acquirng possible talent that could help them, than expiring contracts.

Hawks lineup:

Harris / Law / AJ

JJ / West ( with Stack probably being the guy who spells JJ )

Marvin / Stackhouse

Smoove / Solo ( with Horfrd actually being the backup PF )

Horford / Diop / Wright

Of course, the key would be Devin's ability to get to the basket, and Stack providing timely shooting from the outside.

This would also allow us to possibly start Diop, and bring Horford off the bench, but I would initially keep starting Horford.

Lets face it man no one will take our garbage for there better players we f uped by drafting crap players now we have to suffer with what we got unless we somehow deal Marvin Williams I think people on this site are really overrating the Value of Josh Childress and Shelden Williams. Keep in mind any team that Chillz goes to that team still has to sign them and that is no shoe in what kind of money do you give a player that has no jump shot I would be terrfied to acquire Chilldress and then be worried bout signing himh. As fas as Shelden Williams I believe he is one of the biggest busts in NBA history who would want this ugly suck ass mofo I know I wouldnt.

What is the big thing about Diop the guy is trash.

He averages 3.1 pts 5rbs and 1 block AND is an awful awful ft shooter one of the worst in the league your telling me Solomon Jones couldnt put up similar numbers if he got the PT. I dont think DIop is anything special at all he has been in the league for what seems a lifetime and has not improved much at all.

Don't know if this is a done deal, but it's the latest I've seen...

Quote:

Feb 13 2008, 02:36 PM

The Nets trade All-Star point guard Jason Kidd and Malik Allen to the Mavericks for Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George, DeSagana Diop, two first-round picks and cash, sources tell Tony Mejia of CBSSports.com

Dallas will get killed inside in the playoffs. And unless they get Stackhouse back in one of those trade/release/re-sign moves, they're still lacking for shooters.

Quote:

Don't know if this is a done deal, but it's the latest I've seen...

Quote:

Feb 13 2008, 02:36 PM

The Nets trade All-Star point guard Jason Kidd and Malik Allen to the Mavericks for Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George, DeSagana Diop, two first-round picks and cash, sources tell Tony Mejia of CBSSports.com

Dallas will get killed inside in the playoffs. And unless they get Stackhouse back in one of those trade/release/re-sign moves, they're still lacking for shooters.

Dallas is giving up too much.

Quote:

He averages 3.1 pts 5rbs and 1 block AND is an awful awful ft shooter one of the worst in the league your telling me Solomon Jones couldnt put up similar numbers if he got the PT. I dont think DIop is anything special at all he has been in the league for what seems a lifetime and has not improved much at all.

He is far from trash.

Diop knows his role and plays within himself and within the team concept.

He shoots 60% FG comared to ZaZa's 39%. This shows he does not force shots that he has no business taking as ZaZa does.

He also rebounds better then ZaZa and plays tough defense. His length alone changes shots.

By the way he only plays like 15 minutes a night.

Those averages are not that bad for his limited minutes.

Quote:

Quote:

He is far from trash.

Diop knows his role and plays within himself and within the team concept.

He shoots 60% FG comared to ZaZa's 39%. This shows he does not force shots that he has no business taking as ZaZa does.

He also rebounds better then ZaZa and plays tough defense. His length alone changes shots.

By the way he way Diop only plays like 15 minutes a night. those averages are not that bad for his limited minutes.

Oh cmon now if you take no more then two shots a game and they are all in the post what do you expect to shoot of course you are gonna shoot at high % the less shots you take the better your FG% is going to be he also plays about 17 minutes a game. I wouldnt give this guy even the mid level exception I can see a team throwing money and him being the same player he is now 5 years from now he doesnt impress me. Like I said you are telling me you give Solomon Jones 17 minutes game he cant avg 3 pts 5 rbs and 1 block not impressed sorry.

Quote:

Fine, you don't like Diop.

Give me a rational thought of a center you do like who the Hawks can get ?

Or

Are you just a hater who cries about things not being perfect without any solutions to offer ?

How am I hating Dude diop has been in in the league since 2000 a 7th round pick if I recall out of high school. Because I dont think the guy is as good as everyone is making him out to be Iam a hater give me a break the stats dont lie if the guy was putting up monster stats I would be all for it but I dont wanna make a mistake of paying this guy to put those crap numbers. Id be for getting a guy like Dalembert, Brad Miller I know there are much talent options out there then Diop who IMO has been a huge bust in his nba career. rock_band.gif