• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Nets got an incredible deal for Kidd

NJHAWK

Devon Harris who is a great young point. Diop who is a free agent but a decent defensive center. 2 1st round picks and Cash prolly to help pay Stackhouse's buyout which could be coming. Thats a pretty good deal if you ask me. That would be the = to us giving them Smoove, Acie 2 1st round picks and expireings. Although I feel Kidd could have turned us into a top 4 team in the east for a couple of years, that is an awful lot to give up.

Dallas gave up too much, unless they win the Championship. But as mentioned in the other thread, the West keeps getting deeper and better while feasting on the significant players in the East. The Western Conference finals will be very entertaining this year

Dallas, LA, SA, Phx, all have terrific teams. Utah and GS both can be spoilers. And, if they get hot Portalnd and/or Denver. My gosh that is a stacked playoffs.

I was thinking the same thing. The East should come down to Boston v. Detroit (baring injury). Whomever comes out of the West will have run a guantlet. Heck, the number 8 seed in the West should probably the #3 in the East!

Ainge looks even better now for the KG trade.

Which is the most lop-sided trade out of all the big moves this year

KG to Boston

Gasol to LA

Kidd to Dallas

Shaq to Phx

For me its the Gasol move. WTH was that trade about? For a season all we hear is that Memphis wants more and more for Gasol then they end up trading him for next to nothing??

The Dallas deal is a betting man's move, so I could sort of live with it if I were a Dallas fan.

It is only too much to give up if you are a loser franchise. I swear you people on H.S. don't believe in trades whatsoever.

Who gives a damn about a young scrub pg, a stiff center, and a underachieving chucker backup sg? If you get a chance to get a HOF pg, who is still productive and has the ability to take you to the next level...you get him. Dallas' window is now. They cant wait for Harris to figure it out, nor can they depend on JT. Tommorow ia not promised to anyone, especially considering the volatile nature of sports. In 2009 Dirk could blow out an achilles and dallas would have wasted its window of opportunity.

Quote:

It is only too much to give up if you are a loser franchise. I swear you people on H.S. don't believe in trades whatsoever.

Who gives a damn about a young scrub pg, a stiff center, and a underachieving chucker backup sg? If you get a chance to get a HOF pg, who is still productive and has the ability to take you to the next level...you get him. Dallas' window is now. They cant wait for Harris to figure it out, nor can they depend on JT. Tommorow ia not promised to anyone, especially considering the volatile nature of sports. In 2009 Dirk could blow out an achilles and dallas would have wasted its window of opportunity.

Lol, "you people on H.S." How High and Mighty of you. Maybe next time you will check that condescending tone at the door.

Knowing that that wont happen, I will like to say a couple things about the trade. Yes, I agree with you that Dallas is in a Win Now or Go Home situation. They have a good team full of talent and are playoff contenders. They were embarrassed last year, and with all the trades in the West this year, they felt they needed to make a move. So yes, I totally agree with you there.

However, my comment was in regards NOT to who they got (Kidd), but what they gave up to get him. Kidd is at the tail-end of his career. He barely shoots the ball anymore, misses most of the ones he takes, and is a shell of his former self. Does that mean he isnt good? Of course not. All I am saying is that Dallas gave up a hell of a lot to get him.

Does it make Dallas a better team? Arguably, yes. Kidd should be the floor general they need NOW. It surely isnt as lopsided as say, the Gasol trade, but it accomplished what both teams wanted--and that is what trades are all about. Maybe Kidd is just what they need to make it to the final round this time...but only time will tell.

Well the Lakers deal doesn't count as East to West. Although it still doesn't make since that Memphis is in the Western Conference.

Suns deal is ADVANTAGE EAST. Marion is younger and more talented at this point of his career.

This deal is advantage Nets in the long run

And with as much as the Mavs gave up, they may not be that bad off in the short run.

Im not so sure it will be easy to finish ahead of NJ in playoff seeding now

Quote:

I agree JB. When you have a chance to do something like that, especially if you're a contender, you have to do it. Once you reach that status, you do whatever it takes to win. If that means trading your mama . . for the hooker down the street, and a crackhead to be named later . . if it improves your chances of winning, that's what you do.