• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks won't make playoffs

Vol4ever

Quote:

Responsibility exists throughout, however, change can only be expected to happen as it concerns the coach and the GM.

I can now see us missing the playoffs again! Our next six games are ones we could easily lose with Woody coaching. If we don't make the playoffs this year, I would be willing to bet Woody is finaly gone and BK gets a pass.

Does not make sense to me that BK gets a pass since he put this whole mess together; but keeping Woody after last season did not make a lot of sense either!

Quote:

If we don't make the playoffs, what does that do to the mindset of JJ and Smoove? This is Year 4 for Smoove and Year 3 for JJ in a Hawks uniform. With the East as weak as it is, and with us not having any major injuries, there's no excuse in making it this year.

If we don't make it now, why should any of those guys want to stay here?

You've got it backwards.

If BK and Woody stay, why would any of those guys want to stay also?

Quote:

Quote:

... How many times you think the Joshes heard 'come play for a REAL team after your contract's up' while on the court? If they maintain the status quo and miss the playoffs, do you honestly see them wanting to sign extentions here?

Very good point Dejay. We always hear that re-signing Smoove is going to happen..we love him and he's an Atlanta boy. What if the kid gets smart?...and says to himself...Gee, I'd like to be on a winner - on National TV...I may even want a ring!

Exactly. And to make matters worse, we still have to factor in the hideous thought that BK and Woodson could still be running the show. With that and the already soiled reputation of the ASG, do you REALLY see any of them wanting to come back after spending another spring watching playoff basketball if San Antonio or Golden State comes calling after August 1st?

I always had the notion that this day would be coming; that the team would still losing as the first crop of young guys head into free agency. That's why I always had the sense of urgency for this team to make moves to cement a spot in the playoffs right now rather than wish/pray/hope that the lightbulb pops on some day. The young players have done nothing but win for the most part until they got here; they've seen enough losing on the court and apathy from the front office here to last a lifetime and will be dying for a change of scenery if management continues to ignore the obvious (see Jim Plunkett in New England, Steve Young in Tampa Bay, Greg Maddux's first run in Chicago).

If they leave, the Hawks will be right back where they started in 2004; looking at a 65+ loss season. What they're going to do if the Joshes decide to leave the island, especially without a first-round pick? Good luck convincing JJ not to start demanding to be traded. Good luck convincing veteran free agents to sign here and not to just use them as leverage to get deals from the teams they REALLY want to play for. And good luck convincing the paying public that they're not the Pittsburgh Pirates/Kansas City Royals of basketball.

The ASG had better get it in gear, fast.