• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Would you do this deal?

Diesel

Quote:

I would do that deal and twice on Sunday.

You said it exactly how I was about to! How would your team shake out after that???

Lowry/Law/West

Johnson/Chillz/Salim

Miller/Marvin

Smoove/Cardinal/Solo

Horford/Shelden

That's a solid team IMO. A little weak for quality big men, but what team isn't. I love that deal actually. Addition by subtraction if nothing else. We move ZaZa and Lue!

1) Miller is too good to coexist with Marvin, Childress, and JJ already at the 2-3. Agreed?

2) To stay within reasonable money, we have to give back one of our guys who is up for a deal. I've concluded that Marvin is just too much to give for Miller (it's close). Marvin's PER is already very close to Miller, and he does do some things better such as getting to the line and fast break. Then you realize Marvin just learned to shave. You have to put Childress in that deal. Even then, having to take back Cardinal, would take a big commitment from ASG.

No, you don't use any of the better assets we have talent wise if you don't have to. If we could do that deal without giving up Childress or Marvin and the thought is that Miller couldn't co-exist with the group we have then you move Childress or Marvin for another needed piece, like a big man and/or a backup SG.

Yeah, I agree Dolfan. If you don't have to, then don't. But I'm guessing we would probably have to. Otherwise, it sounds like Miami is willing to give Davis and Williams ($15M expiring) for Miller and Cardinal. If that's true, then Memphis would not just take our trash for Miller alone. The only way we top that is to give a useful player.

Miller would help us attack the zone D that always gets us. That would be a game changer for us. But I would want to start him alongside JJ. Which makes Marvin expendable. I guess I would reconsider putting Marvin in the deal, especially if they would sweeten the deal a little, either upgrade to Conley, give us a pick, something.

The thing that I see as being different about the Miami deal is that Memphis would be taking on a very undesirable player in Ricky Davis, although he does have an expiring deal. It would be very difficult for me to imagine us getting Mike Miller without giving up Chillz but you never know after that Gasol deal and we would be taking Cardinal off of their books.

Maybe after that we could move Marvin to Portland and try and get Aldridge in return.

Quote:

AJ, Zaza, Lo, and Lue for Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, and Kyle Lowry.

The word from Memphis is that Miller and Cardinal are a package and they're on the move!

yep

do this deal and then look to see what u can get for marvin from somewhere else

lowry/law would be our pg tandem; jj/miller/smoove/horford could hold down the 2-5...chill backs up the 2/3...u'd have to get a decent big man to rotate with smoove/horford to make it worth moving marvin...someone like an aldridge or biedrins or bynum or bogut

or, maybe u could trade marvin/lowry to toronto for calderon? they'd get marvin and then lowry can backup tj ford

that would mean we'd get calderon+miller for marvin+expirings

calderon/law

jj/chill

miller/chill

smoove/horford

horford/shelden

Quote:

Quote:

AJ, Zaza, Lo, and Lue for Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, and Kyle Lowry.

The word from Memphis is that Miller and Cardinal are a package and they're on the move!

yep

do this deal and then look to see what u can get for marvin from somewhere else

lowry/law would be our pg tandem; jj/miller/smoove/horford could hold down the 2-5...chill backs up the 2/3...u'd have to get a decent big man to rotate with smoove/horford to make it worth moving marvin...someone like an aldridge or biedrins or bynum or bogut

or, maybe u could trade marvin/lowry to toronto for calderon? they'd get marvin and then lowry can backup tj ford

that would mean we'd get calderon+miller for marvin+expirings

calderon/law

jj/chill

miller/chill

smoove/horford

horford/shelden

Unfortunately, I don't think Marvin would be enough for any of those big men or enough to get Toronto to trade Calderon.

That's a homer trade and only the Sun, Lakers or Dallas get away with dumping crap for talent. Memphis would want more back re talent becasue there are other clubs out there that would love to get Miller. Bottom line is they are going to get better offers than that load of bench warmers.

• Premium Member

Quote:

That's a homer trade and only the Sun, Lakers or Dallas get away with dumping crap for talent. Memphis would want more back re talent becasue there are other clubs out there that would love to get Miller. Bottom line is they are going to get better offers than that load of bench warmers.

It's actually not a bunch of bench warmers.

It's really 10 million dollars in cap space and a front row seat for the draft lottery.

Let's be honest... Memphis' team is really Gay, Conley Jr. and Darko. As likable as everybody else may be, they are expendable. Wallace is going to gut the youth on that team, stick with that core and trade for some vets that will bring in the fans. That of course means that they will get a start like Rose or Beasley... then they will go after somebody in free agency like Brand, Deng, or whoever decides to opt out of their contract. Maybe even Smoove or Iguadala.

Just imagine for a second...

They get Rose...

Then in FAcy, they get Okafor and Iguadala...

Would the trades that they have made look stupid?