• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

No ball movement when Joe & Smoove are in playing

Blunt91

I didn't watch all of the game but I was able to catch the part where Smoove & Joe where on the bench. Woody was force to play guys like Lo, Shelden, and Acie. Well what do you know the Hawks offense flowed so much better with the guys on the court because they were passing the ball around. Everyone got a chance to touch the ball with the bench unit out there but as soon as Joe & Smoove came back in the ball movement stopped.

I am not saying that we need to trade Joe or Smoove but it is clear to me that Woody's plan on offense is to give it to Joe or Smoove, back off and let them go one on one with their man. No wonder Joe Recieves so many double teams, because the ball is not being passed around enough to find the man with the best shot at making the basket.

Our bench may not be the best but I don't think it sucks. The problem is the Headcoach plan & simple. Woody only knows how to run defensive schemes he has no idea how to implent an offensive game plan.

Quote:

I didn't watch all of the game but I was able to catch the part where Smoove & Joe where on the bench. Woody was force to play guys like Lo, Shelden,
and Acie.

Right observation, wrong conclusion.

Acie can break the defense down and create for others. AJ can't so all he can do is pass to JJ or Smith and let them create. Lue is just looking for his own shot.

I do agree the offense bogs down some with JJ and Smith. It gets real bad at the end of quarters and halves where JJ feels it should be clear out for eah time. This also thetime where JJ is the most tired. I like how Woody pulled JJ out at the end of te 1t quarter after JJ called a clear out. There was still about 2 minutes left in the quarter and it probably kept JJ from calling 2 more iso plays and wearing himself dow any more. I have no problems with Smith clearig out vs. a slow PF b/c he normally beats then off the dribble.

Back to the ball movement:

I take the Steve Nash approach here. Steve Nash or the PG is the system that wins in Phoneix....its not the Suns' system....its the Steve Nash's system. If Barbosa or Banks try to run it this "system" for a few games with Nash is out the Suns don't produce.

Translation:

Its not the Hawkls system ...its the PG. Once Law and Lue were playing in the back court together with JJ at SF the ball movement was the best I have seen it all year. It took 2 PGs (Law and Lue) to do this with a 3rd ball handler in JJ.

Ball movement alone only gets you so far if you don't have a PG out there who can break down the defense or create something from nothing. Law can do this and will only get better at it with more playing time. Law, Lue, and JJ were quickly moving the ball around, cutting wihout the ball and they were driving to the hoop when needed. Those 3 played well together.....especially in the 3rd quarter and into the 4th.