• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks may have interest in Matt Carroll

txsting

Quote:

That's the only way I could stomach his deal is by getting out from under Speedy's contract and at least getting some production from the combined salaries of he and Salim. Salim might actually do something in Charlotte, although I doubt it. Charlotte might hesitate to trade for Speedy and if they do I would tell them no deal. I think Carroll could help us on the court but first he would have to help us with Speedy's contract.

...deal, you have to do it. Carroll would fill a mid-level positional and skill-set need, as one poster cited has an annually decreasing deal, is of reasonable age and experience, and actually steps onto a basketball court.

The reason why Charlotte would even consider a deal returning Speedy? If his contract is likely to come off the books after next year (4 years prior to Carroll's and) when Raymond Felton's contract comes up. If Speedy's deal wouldn't come off the books until 2 years from now, no way they consider it.

Anyone have any insight into whether Speedy will retire and whether his deal will come off the books after next year?

W

Carrolls cap hit would be the average his contract is per year. So even though it decreases his cap hit will be the same every year for the length of his deal. I hear you guys with the only do the trade if they take Speedy talk. The only thing is there is a chance Speedys deal can come off our cap after this season. Unless Knight knows there is no chance of that happening I wouldnt do this deal.

Quote:

there sure is a lot of talk about this guy. Need to keep it real about who and what he is. As long as we don't have to give up anything of significance I would go with it. But then there is the question of whether Woody would let him get off the bench.

Yes, but isn't getting Lue off the floor addition by subtraction? Either way, we solve an issue.

Quote:

The article gives a nice observation on Law too.

"Speaking of rookies, Hawks point guard Acie Law has major potential. Some dismissed him in college as a guy too preoccupied with scoring to be a true point guard. Not true. He has a speed dribble -- the ability to advance the ball quickly without losing control -- with a beautiful change of direction. That skill counts for more at the NBA level, where the game is played at such a high tempo. Observations | rick bonnell"

Too bad our own coach doesn't see the same things frown.gif

Quote:

But at least with Carroll you get a guy that is on the court. Claxton will not play b-ball again it appears. Or if he does, it won't be for long.

We already have someone who is cheaper and shoots comparably in Salim. Carroll can only shoot 3s, thats it. Bobcat fans say his defense is non-existent. Sorry but I just find this to be a waste of salary space on a 27 year old spot shooter.