• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My Hawks' fan-dom was just put to a major test.

bumpyphish1

Spur of the moment decision to get my first Hawks' jersey (at least of the new style and of a current player). Champs at Lenox. Horford or Joe Johnson? I've said since the new uni's come out, I was going to get a JJ hersey. He is the face of our franchise, committed to us three years ago, All-Star, etc. Time comes. What do I get? AL HORFORD. Don't ask me what went through my head. Wonder if that says anything larger about the team and our future. Not trying to be too deep here, but is JJ or Horf (or someone else) our future?

If we could get a Diop or average/okay 7 footer, move Horford to PF, move Smoove to SF and teach Smoove how to shoot in the offseason (Smitty, do your magic), then those two might take this team deep deep deep into the playoffs in the next decade. That is, assuming we have a new coach and owners

I got a Smoove jersey of the new style, but only seem to wear it to games, and of course with our incompetent owners there's a chance he isn't with us next year.

Just wondering, bumpy, I know you have supported BK...What do you think of him now? Are you mad he isn't making obvious trades like an Andre Miller or Lowry or any PG in the market?

I got the white JJ jersey after the Dallas win on opening night. Last Friday, before the Cleveland game, I picked up the blue Horford jersey. I bought both jerseys at the Philips Arena merchandise store.

No Josh Smith to be found. Not surprised by that. LOL . they even had some Zaza jerseys.

When in doubt, get 2 jerseys . . just get them in different colors. I do the same thing with the Bengals, with the black Rudi Johnson jersey, and the bright orange Chad Johnson jersey.

Dude, I have become more pissed at him lately because I am realizing how much more it is going to cost to re-sign Josh Smith in the offseason. Had we signed him before the season, it almost certainly wouldnt have taken a max contract and now it almost certainly will.

However, I still think Woody is problem #1 with this org. I also have respect for BK's scouting prowesses (despite what anyone says). Pau Gasol (when with Memphis), JJ, drafting Josh Smith were all moves most other GM's would not have made (or did not make) and they turned out gold. Although Shelden Williams literally may go down as the worst pick of the decade. No way to explain that one. Desperation to add size? Terrible.

I also tend to want to blame BK for our lack of making moves, but without really being an insider, there doesn't seem to be a way to guage how much of our stalemate is due to his hesitancy/inability and how much is due to the ownership FIASCO.

But like I said, Woody is enemy #1 in my opinion. I think that if we make the playoffs this season and we are able to round out our roster (again, it sucks not to know what is ASG's fault and what is BK's), then many of the BK complaints will fade - and understandably so, imo. The Shelden pick in unexplainable. I can tolerate everything else he has done - of course now, it is about what he hasn't (and needs to) done (do).

I got the cheaper Smoove jersey at TSA, with the wider shoulder straps (not the game-style jersey). Initially, I was REALLY pissed because it said "ATLANTA" (road jersey), and not "Hawks", so I thought it was some cheap replica. Then I realized it says HAWKS on our whites and ATLANTA on our roads haha

Quote:

No Josh Smith to be found. Not surprised by that. LOL . they even had some Zaza jerseys.

When in doubt, get 2 jerseys . . just get them in different colors. I do the same thing with the Bengals, with the black Rudi Johnson jersey, and the bright orange Chad Johnson jersey.

What do you mean about Smoove? Unless you are saying they got bought out or something.

Bet you wish you could have that Rudi Johnson purchase back, eh? Gotta love the ocho cinco.