Shelden and Candace

TheNorthCydeRises

Quote:

Candace is out of her mind to be with ole Shellhead. Sorry, someone had to say it.

You underestimate the power of charm or opportunity. Shelden probably charmed the hell out of her, and made her feel extra special. And if she let him hit it, he probably hit a home run, and that's all it took.

Then Shelden said . . "Ish, no way I can do better than this," . . and put the ring on her finger ASAP.

A 19 - 20 year old girl isn't turning down a marriage proposal from her boyfriend. No way.

Yes, looks arent everything. Inner beauty counts a HELL of a lot more than outer beauty--at least it should. Out of the 10 qualities I look for in women, only one is superficial (outer beauty). I'm sure others are similar...

There are a FEW women out there who appreciate a man who does what he is supposed to do, stays out of trouble, and keeps his priorities in line. Shelden seems to be that type.

• Moderators

Quote:

Candace is out of her mind to be with ole Shellhead. Sorry, someone had to say it.

While we are all frustrated with Shelden on the court, off the court he seems like a very nice, intelligent and loyal young man. He has a lot going for him as far as personal relationships. Plus he is a multi-millionaire who isn't going to blow his money on expensive cars, etc. and that doesn't hurt.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Diesel: Not a lot of age difference.

Age doesn't matter THAT much anyway.

I'm 7 years older than my wife of 48 years.

Love and respect are the two things that really matter.

Age doesn't matter when you 91 and 84... I agree.

However, when you're 22 and 15.. I think Age makes some difference.

Quote:

Quote:

Diesel: Not a lot of age difference.

Age doesn't matter THAT much anyway.

I'm 7 years older than my wife of 48 years.

Love and respect are the two things that really matter.

Age doesn't matter when you 91 and 84... I agree.

However, when you're 22 and 15.. I think Age makes some difference.

Yeah between me typing this out on Hawksquawk or spending my days in a jail cell!

Quote:

You underestimate the power of charm or opportunity. Shelden probably charmed the hell out of her, and made her feel extra special.

Shelden? Charm? ROTFLMAO. I have seen Casanova do interviews. Charm? Playoffs? Playoffs?

He may have the "inner beauty" but Shelden could not "charm the hell out of" his own grandmother.

Quote:

That brother is Well-Mannered, Well-read and Well-educated. The Brother got TWO Degrees' from Duke.

A lot of you guys can't even get in Duke.

I've talked with him several times and he is a nice guy. I wish them the best.

This does look outta balance. Candace is relatively better in her sport, better looking, etc. But realistically, it's easy to see a girl in her situation doing much, much worse. Shelden is a very successful basketball player and will probably earn $30+ million during his NBA career and who knows in a following career.

I still think we should have traded Shelden for Brendan Haywood if we ever had a chance though. Now maybe we could get Petro from Seattle for Shelden and Salim or one of our old PG's.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

That brother is Well-Mannered, Well-read and Well-educated. The Brother got TWO Degrees' from Duke.

A lot of you guys can't even get in Duke.

I've talked with him several times and he is a nice guy. I wish them the best.

I echo your statement.

I think they make a really nice couple and if he ends up with the Kings and she ends up with the Monarchs... I would think they'd be the toast of the city.