• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kimbo vs Tank Abbott

Admin

Holy cow Kimbo obliterated him. I have never seen someone hit tank that hard. People always used to talk about how much would you have to be paid to get in the ring with Tyson in his prime and I wonder what it would take for an average guy to get in the ring with Kimbo.

Dolfan I don't mean to sound like I am flaming you but it surprises me that no one posts anything about MMA when there is a UFC event with a great match like Lidell vs Silva but yet when there is a "garbage" match like the one last night someone decides to post something on the sport.

Just so you know I don't hate Kimbo but he hasn't beaten anyone, Tank Abbott is a has been. Let Kimbo do that to Randy Couture or Fedor Emelianenko then I am sold.

I don't know how many people here actually watch MMA, plus the fight (at least the undercard) was on during the slam dunk competition so unless you recorded it they overlapped. I recorded it and watched it after the nba stuff.

I don't usually watch the PPV fights because I have AT&T Uverse and for some retarded reason we can't get PPV fights and I rarely go to the bars to watch.

I think that Kimbo is amazing and they were talking about his next fight probably being against Ken Shamrock and although I know he is way past his prime I think they are great fights for him to learn more about fighting with a game plan before he fights Couture and the like. Abbott is definitely not the same guy he used to be but last night was the hardest I have ever seen him get hit and I have been a huge fan of his for a long time.

Did you watch last nights fight? How about the undercards? There were some really good fights before the main fight.

Nah I don't have showtime but I read about some of the fights over on Sherdog. I can't believe James "The Colossus" Thompson got Knocked out yet again. This is like is 3rd straight match gettig K'oed.

I am waiting for the next big fight in 2 weeks were Anderson Silva takes on Dan Henderson to solve who is the undisputed champion at 185lbs.

Just got through watching the fight on Youtube. I am surprised Tank was still able to move after those viscious shots he took. Tank may be washed up, but you have to give him credit for taking those shots and not being not out cold like James Thompson would have been.

After the fight Goldberg did the quick interview with Kimbo and Kimbo said that Tank has been a hero of his for a long time and he watched him growing up and had so much respect for him and said that Tank is one of his two fantasy fights, the other being Tyson. I thought that was pretty cool that he had that much respect for Tank considering that he seems like a maniac in the ring.

The Edwards-Berto fight was pretty good too. Berto tried a take down and had a lock on Edwards right leg and Edwards grabbed Bertos head and pushed it towards the canvas and at the same time jumped and came up with his left knee and almost knocked Berto completely out. It was a very impressive move.

Dude Kimbo isn't Cro Cop. I didn't see that match but I did see Bob Sapp cry in the longest yard after The Great khali broke his nose. LOL!!

Cro Cop hasn't looked so good as of late anyway. He is going back to Japan with agreement from the UFC to fight some more tune up matches with a new organization that is starting over there. He says he will come back to the UFC but needs to harness his skills.

• Admin

The fight was a joke. I like Kimbo and I want to be a fan of his, but this is the last fight of his that I'll watch if they keep feeding him cans. That's what tank is at this point, a can. I mean it was sad really, they show him getting off the public bus, walking into the tunnel ALONE, no team, no trainers, nothing. SAD. He was there to draw a check though, so props to him for being able to do that, but he had no business getting in the ring and the end result was exactly as I predicted it to be.

Honestly I have to say that I think any skilled MMA fighter, be it BJJ or wrestler would stand to mess kimbo up, but then again, he's a puncher and they always have a punchers chance.

I hope the big news you speak of is that Dana White has worked out a deal to have a live UFC event in Atlanta. No I don't have "Fight" magazine. I may check into it or I might just keep on reading the message boards on the internet.