• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al Horford Is Awesome

BusBoyIsBack

• Premium Member

Quote:

Durant is overratted...

he is like a more athletic Glen Robinson...

doesn't do too much to help your team win...

just throws up a bunch of bad shots...

I'm not so sure about that, but he's not looking too great out there right now. You can't doubt the kid's talent though. He just needs time to develop. For the record, I'd build around Horford and Roy no doubt about it. You put Roy in place of Sheldon and I can guarantee that we wouldn't be complaining about guard play... PG or SG. We REALLY screwed that draft up. smirk.gif

Quote:

lol Everyone says that if you were starting a Franchise they would take Brandon Roy. No mention at all of Shelden Williams Billy Knight is the biggest idiot in sports.

LOL @ you ignoring the fact that they mentioned AL Horford.

Seriously though thank goodness we took Horford over Yi.

And why wasn't JJ there to support Horford?

Or did they not want to give more than one Hawk TV time?

Quote:

Quote:

lol Everyone says that if you were starting a Franchise they would take Brandon Roy. No mention at all of Shelden Williams Billy Knight is the biggest idiot in sports.

LOL @ you ignoring the fact that they mentioned AL Horford.

Seriously though thank goodness we took Horford over Yi.

And why wasn't JJ there to support Horford?

Or did they not want to give more than one Hawk TV time?

Iam not ignoring the fact they said Al Horford. im stating the stupid mistake we made of taking dumbhead williams over Brandon Roy and its being proven to us on a national stage. Do you know how good we would be right now with Roy. JJ is one of the quietest players in the nba he doesnt do things like that.

• Admin

Paxon traded Aldridge and passed on Roy for Tyrus Thomas. He sucks too.

Three observations:

Horford was the best rookie out there easily. Under control and played mature

Gibson shot was falling big time...too bad he can't do anythign else.

Sean Williams is listed as 6'10. He is no more then 6'7. He was smaller then most guys out there.

Marv was the #2 pick in his draft. Almost every single scout and gm said he would be the best player out of the draft. Teams like Portland and many other were trying to trdae into the #2 spot to get him. BK is not the only guy who wanted Marv while he was 100% healthy this year Marv was showing signs of the star player we all want him to be. Shelden was a bad pick however I can see why he was picked. WE had no interior d and no rebounder. Its clear from comments before that draft that Woody wanted a polished college rebounder and interior defender. BK gave that to him and Woody has him on the pine. Its clear BK reached for Shelden but there was nobody else to fill the teams biggest weakness. Anyone who watched our team that year knows guys just walzed to our hoop and dunked or got easy layups all the time because ZazA WAS ALL WE HAD AS AN INTERIOR PRESENCE AND THAT AINT MUCH. Roy would have been a backup, we needed a staring pf/center with rebounding and defensive presence. I am not saying BK made the best pick but he was trying to fill a need and trying to give Woody a big. It just hasnt worked out and I think alot of it has to do with the coach.

Quote:

...Its clear BK reached for Shelden but there was nobody else to fill the teams biggest weakness...

Complete horse manure...at least half the board here knew Milsap would be a solid force as an NBA PF. We could have easily had Roy and Milsap. detective.gif

GM's are supposed to be paid for being smarter than us dumb old fans.