• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

...there appears to be a serious roster shake up on the horizon. And I mean SERIOUS!

It sounds to me that we are about to move at least one of our starters.

AJ definitely has to be gone. Hopefully he's the starter that is gone. LOL . . I still see Lue here though, which isn't good.

I can see Speedy included in the deal IF he's verbally agreed to retire, right after the trade is announced. I think that's the only way the ASG pulls the trigger on a deal like this for a contract like that.

Worse case scenario would be to make the deal for Bibby, but trade Acie, and somehow keep the other 2 PGs.

Like someone has pointed out, that's a hell of an expiring contract for next season. We could use Bibby in 2009 in a wide variety of ways, if things unfortunately don't work out with him.

I'll believe this ish when I see it though. This may be a smokescreen to give the illusion that they at least tried to do something, but couldn't get it done.

Getting JJ is the only star player trade he has gotten done but he has made tons of deals with the Hawks. I would bet that on average he has made more deals per year than any Hawks GM ever has starting with clearing the old roster via trades. BK has his faults when it comes to the draft but he makes excellent trades so I wouldn't hesitate to think we could pull this deal off without giving up a core player which to me would be a major accomplishment.

Ok let me clarify that. You're right in a way. He is EXCELLENT at trading away large contracts and getting expirers / picks / young talent. What I'm talking about is deals to bring in established talent (and contracts) and improve the team now. The whole time he's been here I believe JJ is the only case.

Quote:

I didn't see where the article said the core would stay intact. To me it was saying that we would be trading some of our own major pieces. Also, all of our speculation has been on Bibby...who else is out there for us?

Since it's someone from the west, the player would come from one of the teams that are out of the playoff race.

Could be anyone of these guys.

Mike Bibby

Brad Miller

Mike Miller

Kyle Lowry

Sam Cassell

Cory Maggette

Chris Kaman detective.gif pipe dream

Cuttino Mobley

Damion Wilkins

Earl Waton

Luke Ridnour

I think the Kings are the focus due to process of elimination.

Here's what the article indicates:

1. It's a Western Conference team

2. More talent is coming East than going West

The Kings and Clippers are some of the only teams that are in a position to shed talent for rebuilding. Actually I forgot about Mike Miller...I guess he's the other possibility.

Because when fox radio was doing the rookie/sophmore pregame show they said the Hawk and Kings were close on a deal that would give the Hawks Bibby and give the Kings Shel, Salim and fillers. They said it should be done by Monday.

Quote:

I didn't see where the article said the core would stay intact. To me it was saying that we would be trading some of our own major pieces. Also, all of our speculation has been on Bibby...who else is out there for us?

The actual quote goes...

Quote:

"there appears to be a serious roster shake up on the horizon. And I mean SERIOUS!"

There is nothing said about the core (whatever that means) staying in tact.

The Bibby deal, while not a lump of coal, brings no excitement to me. He's 30-31 and declining. His 5 APG will not be much of an impact if you ask me. BUT his overly sized deal would be a good trade chip next year assuming ownership would want to take on any salary (cough).

However, if we're willing to pay Bibby $14 million and give up little to get for him, I would hope we would have been willing to pay Gasol similarly and give up little similarly for him. We weren't even whispered about in that deal.

Let's ALL hope the deal is a bigger and better deal than the one "rumored" for Bibby.

W

There is an actual rumor via Fox sports for Bibby and there is an alluded to rumor with a WC team sending more talent than they are getting.

I hope it's more than Bibby. He doesn't excite me at all. 5 APG? Geeze. With all our expiring contracts and our great need we should get more right?

W

I think if we are giving filler players for him, it's worth the risk. Take Gasol out of the equation, that's over with at this point. Bibby is 29 and has a short contract. If the choice is this or nothing, I say roll the dice. If Bibby doesn't work out, he can be traded next year as an ending contract or as a sign and trade a year and a half from now.

Quote:

he can be traded next year as an ending contract or as a sign and trade a year and a half from now.

He can't be traded as a sign and trade. He'll be nothing more than an MLE player next off-season. His $14.5 million dollar contract COULD be traded BUT our owners would have to WANT to take on such salary back after they have just resigned JS, maybe JC, and are about to resign MW. That is beyond unlikely.

W

Are you meaning to say Bibby is nothing more than a MLE player?

I guess I'm being more optimistic that maybe, just maybe, our ownership will begin to add salary rather than operate on the cheap. Is this not a sign that could potentially be changing? Also, the point to me is that if it's this option or nothing, I'm taking the deal.