volman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Bibby, when healthy, is a legit 2nd option. I have no problem with him looking for his own shot some.

But make no mistake, he's a true PG.

Im saying sometimes he has a habit of shooting way too much when he doesnt need thats why his FG% is so bad right now he is shooting way too much. Good thing about him is he can shoot the 3 ball pretty well.

Quote:

Bibby, when healthy, is a legit 2nd option. I have no problem with him looking for his own shot some.

I think that is one of the main problems with our PG's right now...They are not scoring much...even at all. I think Joe's, Al's, and Smoove's game will open up much more if teams are worried about containing Bibby as well...Add in Marvin sitting at the elbows and baseline for jumpers and this team is looking a LOT better!

Quote:

Quote:

Oh my...I'm getting hot flashes tongue.gif ...the Hawks with Mike Bibby and our core? Supercalifragilisticexpeyallidocious!!

Yep...Sekou Smith from the AJC stated that the core would "stay intact"...

Oh how excited are we!!!!!!!! shhh.gif Let's keep it calm until the trade actually goes down!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh my...I'm getting hot flashes tongue.gif ...the Hawks with Mike Bibby and our core? Supercalifragilisticexpeyallidocious!!

Yep...Sekou Smith from the AJC stated that the core would "stay intact"...

Oh how excited are we!!!!!!!! shhh.gif Let's keep it calm until the trade actually goes down!

It depends what he mean by Core. I would assume Its JJ Smoove Horford and Marvin (arrg) I dont see anyone esle really being in that core at this point.

Quote:

...It depends what he mean by Core. I would assume Its JJ Smoove Horford and Marvin (arrg) I dont see anyone esle really being in that core at this point.

We kind of have two "cores" IMHO. First core: JJ/JS/Horford...Second core: JJ/JS/Horford/Marvin/Chillz.

When looking at the second core - we really only need to keep one of Marvin/Chillz. Both lack the skills that the other has. Marvin can shoot (until recently - but he'll likely get back on track)...but he isn't aggressive enough or BB saavy. Chillz is both of those but can't shoot.

Quote:

If you trade Marvin, you HAVE TO include Speedy in the deal.

I'm no BB guru...but why would any team want Speedy's contract. He's dead weight and won't even play. An NBA team woud be better off with me for Speedy's money - I'd at least park cars or something.

P.S. - I'm not quick but my knees are fine...and I can drive a stick! thumb3d.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sacramento Kings

Outgoing Players: Justin Williams, Quincy Douby, Mike Bibby

Atlanta Hawks

Outgoing Players: Tyronn Lue, Salim Stoudamire, Anthony Johnson, Lorenzen Wright, Shelden Williams

That's the best I could come up with given the rumor.

Bibby/Law/Douby

JJ/West

Marvin/Childress

Smith/Jones

Horford/Zaza/J. Williams

IR: Claxton

You would have one roster spot to sign another big man from the waiver wire or NBDL. Sacramento would likely waive Lorenzen, if you wanted to re-sign him.

That would work for me...would they really do that?

I mean let's get real:

Outgoing Players: Tyronn Lue, Salim Stoudamire, Anthony Johnson, Lorenzen Wright, Shelden Williams

They would be giving up a quality PG for our trash (excepting Shelden who may be OK later, but not likely an impact player in this league). I guess I'm somewhat dumb on the motives of teams making trades.