• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trades Brewing! (AJC Article)

volman

• Premium Member

By Sekou K. Smith

February 16, 2008 9:21 AM | Link to this

In this deal you don’t have to give up Marvin or Childress and Golden State has nothing to do with it. Overall, it’s a pretty sweet deal for the Hawks, who I’ve been writing for months have all the tools necessary to get a deal done. They have the expiring contracts and several young guys on deals that can be combined to net a quality player.

Still no final word yet, but as soon as I know it for sure, it’s going to be up here on ajc.com.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

By Sekou K. Smith

February 16, 2008 9:21 AM | Link to this

In this deal you don’t have to give up Marvin or Childress and Golden State has nothing to do with it. Overall, it’s a pretty sweet deal for the Hawks, who I’ve been writing for months have all the tools necessary to get a deal done. They have the expiring contracts and several young guys on deals that can be combined to net a quality player.

Still no final word yet, but as soon as I know it for sure, it’s going to be up here on ajc.com.

Where do you see that?

Quote:

Personally, give me Sam Cassell over Bibby, but I won't be disapponted in acquiring Bibby . . I hope.

Obtaining a Cassell and maybe a guy like Artest, would be a serious talent upgrade.

But like I said, I'll believe this ish when I see it.

Are you on crack? Cassell is way past his prime and he is one of worst defensive players in the league.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby, when healthy, is a legit 2nd option. I have no problem with him looking for his own shot some.

But make no mistake, he's a true PG.

Oh my...I'm getting hot flashes tongue.gif ...the Hawks with Mike Bibby and our core? Supercalifragilisticexpeyallidocious!!

Yep...Sekou Smith from the AJC stated that the core would "stay intact"...

Oh how excited are we!!!!!!!! shhh.gif Let's keep it calm until the trade actually goes down!

i didnt see that anywhere in the article about us keeping our core..where is that? i'm not doubting you but i didnt see it and that's significant.

in any case, sekou emphasized Serious shakeup and the talent coming from the west...

the only one i can think of is bibby basd on our needs...you essentially mark off over half the teams in the west because they are all fighting to make the playoffs and wouldnt dare trade away a top player...

when considering that the only teams that dont have a real chance of making the playoffs are seattle, sacramento, clippers, memphis, and minnesota...Don't think we'd get any player from minny..could be cassell in clipperland but i hope not with his age and that wouldnt be as big to me as what sekou makes it sounds...no other guys on the team than kaman would do us much good..now mike miller in memphis could be a real solid candidate as we have talked about on this board before. bibby in sacramento as i mentioned...could be artest also but i don't think they would take the chance of having bizzaro aroundd their young guys...nobody in seattle could make much of a DRASTIC lineup change...one of their points or wilcox but i dont see those being considered as powerful of a trade that sekou made it seem..

so with that I say probably bibby or mike miller with outside chances of artest, bradmiller, ridnour, or watson.

Look atajc.com obviously. Check Sekous blog that is titled something like Trade Brewing and Horford or some crap like that. After he writes his blog people can post comments. Well after several comments by fans Sekou comes back and says this trade would involve us keeping our core intact and getting a player at a position we needed for a long time.

Quote:

Look atajc.com obviously. Check Sekous blog that is titled something like Trade Brewing and Horford or some crap like that. After he writes his blog people can post comments. Well after several comments by fans Sekou comes back and says this trade would involve us keeping our core intact and getting a player at a position we needed for a long time.

yea didn't know sekou comments his own blogs. thanks!!

Quote:

lol I agree about Cassell. Bibby is in his prime...even if injuries have plagued it. Sam can still produce when healthy but he's way past it and DOESN'T shoot a great 3

Bibby's nowhere near in his prime. He shot the ball HORRIBLY last year. This year, he's barely shooting 40% while Cassell shoots in the mid 40s. Even in his old age, Cassell is one of the smartest players in the league, and knows how to play PG. Plus he'd be a great guy for Acie to learn from. Cassell's leadership qualities with this young team, would be very valuble.

I'd start Acie, and bring Cassell off the bench, like the Clips did when Livingston was healthy. When you need scoring, or that extra shooter at the end of games, Cassell would be in.

Bibby may shoot a better 3 ball, but he doesn't play the positon much better than Cassell does.

Quote:

Quote:

lol I agree about Cassell. Bibby is in his prime...even if injuries have plagued it. Sam can still produce when healthy but he's way past it and DOESN'T shoot a great 3

Bibby's nowhere near in his prime. He shot the ball HORRIBLY last year. This year, he's barely shooting 40% while Cassell shoots in the mid 40s. Even in his old age, Cassell is one of the smartest players in the league, and knows how to play PG. Plus he'd be a great guy for Acie to learn from. Cassell's leadership qualities with this young team, would be very valuble.

I'd start Acie, and bring Cassell off the bench, like the Clips did when Livingston was healthy. When you need scoring, or that extra shooter at the end of games, Cassell would be in.

Bibby may shoot a better 3 ball, but he doesn't play the positon much better than Cassell does.

Cassell plays only 25MPG for a reason. He lacks endurance. Bibby should be able to play 33-35MPG here.