• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This about giving fans a name & saving BK/MW jobs

Guest Walter

Agreed, Traceman. Walter, I respect your opinions, but I believe you're off the mark here. You've picked out the worst case scenario (Smith gets the max, we aren't able to move anybody else to free up cap space) and have passed it off as fact. It reminds me of when the Pacers were really struggling last year and you started acting like it was a fact that we would not end up with any first round draft picks. In the end, we had two. Is it POSSIBLE that we aren't able to re-sign Childress due to this deal? Absolutely. Is it a fact? Not even close. Look--the Phoenix Suns were in no financial position at all to match Joe Johnson's offer that we made him. But they got us scared enough that we gave up Diaw and two first rounders as insurance that we'd get our man. I expect that we'll get something out of Childress if he doesn't remain a Hawk.

I like the trade. It makes us undoubtedly better today, and I don't think it will seriously hamper us in the future. I wish Bibby was more of a pass-first guy and I wish he played better D, but we can't expect perfection when all we're dealing is expiring trash and a failed 1st rounder.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic