• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Player has to be added by Tuesday.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

There will most definitely be a new Hawk on Monday or Tuesday, because the Hawks are required to have 13 players before playing the Lakers.

Look for a 10-day contract to be awarded to an NBDL player, and a veteran solution to be sought out over the next few weeks.

I don't really follow the NBDL much. Who has any ideas of what we can acquire from the league? I could be wrong, but I think a good shooter will be easier to find in the NBDL. If there is a 7' player that can score and rebound, he probably won't be in the NBDL. It seems to be more of a scorers league. I remember getting Gundy(sp?) last year, and he knocked down a couple open threes, but that seemed to be all he could do.

But have they actually offered him a contract? He can come to Atlanta and make us a much deeper and much more physical team and that might be enough to take us from 1st round contender to a team that can advance and if we somehow get past the first round anything could happen. I agree that he would probably rather sign with one of those teams but if nobody offers him a deal surely signing with us is better than sitting out.

Quote:

I wonder if we could offer a future pick to the Jazz for Morris Almond. They were talking about how he has been tearing up the D-League last night during the Rookie game.

Without a trade though I really hope that we go after PJ Brown.

I would love Almond and Brown. Great ideas!

W