• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Positive Mental Effects of the Trade

TheDude

- Of course to the fans to give us hope for a fun 2nd half of the season

- Joe Johnson possible being re-energized with addition of Bibby, knowing he has a running mate now

- Other "core" guys being re-energized and confident with "lets go to work" attitude

- The business side of the NBA is shown to our young players without it being devastating to the franchise, therefore re-enforcing the attitude that anyone can go if they are not performing up to task. You're getting paid to for this.

- Acie Law learning from a playoff clutch player. More specifically the confidence in his shot that can come from his tuteledge (kind of like Stuckey underneath Billups)....in a nutshell a guy who was a clutch player in college learning from a guy considered a clutch player in NBA.

- The understanding by Solomon Jones that he was selected to stay and will be getting more playing time. So he needs to always be ready and get into the groove. Side note- fans' hope that his natural talent could provide something special to the team once he got experience, will now be able to see/test if this will be the case sooner.

- Me. Man I was starting to get really freaking pissed. I did not expect what was happening with getting worse, so it was depressing. I remember at the end of the Charlotte game wanting Atlanta to lose. I couldnt explain it but I did.

- Maybe a different coach will be really good for Shelden, and his confidence. I don't think it was all his fault. Actually much of it I think was Woody's fault with his bad handling of minutes. The good thing is that he will be in the Western Conference so we won't have to play him much. I wish well to Shelden, much more than I did Diaw.

these are just POSSIBLE effects, not what i think will happen.

Yeah Doc...I think Shelden will do better now - I doubt he does great but you never know. Getting out of Woody's doghouse has to be a big plus for him.

I think this is a great trade for us - BUT - it will be interesting if Shell starts putting up double-doubles in the WC. I'm not all that sold on our coaching/management being very smart.

Maybe I've been snake bit once too often with this franchise, but I am for some reason not really excited by the trade. I want to be excited, but its not there. Maybe watching Mike will make me excited.

In terms of what the trade does, it should make the team better. I guess I am taking a wait and see attitude because we still have to deal the idiocy of Mike Woodson. IMO, the team still has to make a coaching move to become everything that it can.

From the players, you would have to think this makes them excited and energized. Bibby can play b-ball and get them the ball where it needs to be. Marvin might look much better with Bibby settig him. Horford will have a lot more room to score.

Quote:

The only guy on the team who is probably not happy with this deal is Acie Law as it essentially means he will be nailed to the bench for the next year since Bibby should be playing 35 minutes a night.

It might actually have a positive effect on Law. Bibby can help him come along, and he is the only backup PG now. It's not like he'll get less minutes than before.

Quote:

Quote:

The only guy on the team who is probably not happy with this deal is Acie Law as it essentially means he will be nailed to the bench for the next year since Bibby should be playing 35 minutes a night.

It might actually have a positive effect on Law. Bibby can help him come along, and he is the only backup PG now. It's not like he'll get less minutes than before.

This year it definitely helps Law, but he may be thinking that the team had to make this move because they don't trust him to be the lead guard. I imagine as a 4 year college player he expected to get playing time early and often.