• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I am satisfied , but is Chillz still on block?

HAWKS1986

The Hawks need another backcourt player who can shoot the three, attack the basket, physical and defend consistently...Chillz doesn't fit that mold.. Ron Artest does, but he isn't coming to the ATL..however, the Hawks still have some holes in key areas.

Justin Williams (6'11, 240), who was released from Sacramento, had some legal matters. However, those issues were resolved in late November 2007. So a change of scenery could do Justin some good and he would be a great addition to our frontcourt if the Hawks were to pursue him..

I hope not, after watching Chillz and Marvin play for 3 or 4 years I am convinced Chillz is the better player. If anyone of the core is traded it should be Marvin. Chillz is simply better at every part of the game with the possible exception of the mid-range shot.

Quote:

I hope not, after watching Chillz and Marvin play for 3 or 4 years I am convinced Chillz is the better player. If anyone of the core is traded it should be Marvin. Chillz is simply better at every part of the game with the possible exception of the mid-range shot.

mid-ranger is the only thing marv has over him,lol @ possible exception

• Premium Member

Quote:

Billy Knight has been very hesitant to mess with any players who have had legal issues. He always talks about good charector professional players.

In Justin Williams' defense, his only "crime" was a threesome. Perhaps poor taste as a highly-paid professional, but certainly not something most people would frown upon.

Quote:

How about we trade Chills to the Jazz for Morris Almond and a 1st rd in 2008

I like this type of thinking BUT we'd have to take on a Jarron Collins or Jason Hart with Almond to make the deal work (they have no expirings this year) which would put us at $67.2 million with only 11 players signed and the luxury tax at a projected $70 million! We couldn't even complete a roster and we'd likely have to trade the 1st rder since we couldn't afford that either.

That's how bad our cap situation is with on nine players. It's horrible with Bibby's $14.5 million!

W