• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Somebody refute this with FACTS

Guest Walter

All this means that Hawks need to be pro-active and try to find a way to get Speedy's salary off our backs. I think Hawks could make a strong case with the NBA (circumstances obviously work in our favor)... That would certainly provide Hawks with more cap-space for whatever future moves they might plan and carry out...

Second thing, if we come to understanding that there's not going to be possible to sign Chillz in the off-season... we need to face that music and act accordingly, which means TRADE THE MAN, in order to get any value in return (no matter how cold it may sound).

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I dont know what the fuss is about...we took advantage of the expirings, gaining an asset. Bibby expires next year, means he can be flipped for more assets from a contender if he doesnt pan out here. We still have great longterm flexibility, after next year.

My outlook (personnel wise) now is sign smoove. Sign chillz for ~5m per, or S&T if hes 6-8 per, package with Speedy if possible.

If bibby+johnson backcourt doesnt get us a 2-5 seed next year, id think about moving johnson b4 2009 trade deadline, get a cheaper sg + picks and sign another pg depending on laws play. Trading bibby as an expiring would be an option too.

I still see us as being pretty flexible, with zaza+bibby as expirings, childress/johnson as trade assets. ASG just committed to take on salary for 08/09, which is great, because we need to know whats holding us back.. Woodson? Johnson? Size? Taking on salary shows that they are committed to make changes and hold people accountable.

BTW, im a johnson fan...but if we cant win around him with bibby, barring injuries etc...hes still worth 2-3 quality players/picks, why i would consider moving him next year.

Freaking spot on, mate. (IOW, nice post)

Just the facts

Quote:

JC, SW, Lo, Lue, AJ, and a 2nd rder! It's also a choice between what we could get in a trade for JC, SW and $9 million in expirings. We could get alot more for that than Bibby.

You start this off as a just the facts subject line that involves some fantasy trade idea you have concerning no less than five of our players and a 2nd round pick. What teams do you have facts on that were interested in your fantasy deal?

Come on Walter, just the facts is this: we got a nice PG for 4 bench players and only one of which is a potential future starter in Shelden. Bibby is well worth all that. And instead of complaining about keeping Chilz, you should be jumping for joy becuase that is some serious icing on the cake.

This thread is exactly like that old saying, some people cannot see the forest because of the trees. Open your eyes Walter and enjoy the forest....

Quote:

And instead of complaining about keeping Chilz, you should be jumping for joy becuase that is some serious icing on the cake.

I'm not complaining about keeping Childress. I'm suggesting that we are only capable of "keeping" him for 3 months and cannot afford him or trade him given we will 99% likely have to take on similar contracts to S & T him. I'm suggesting this is a move to extend BK and Woody's contract not better the team.

W

Quote:

Just the facts

Quote:

JC, SW, Lo, Lue, AJ, and a 2nd rder! It's also a choice between what we could get in a trade for JC, SW and $9 million in expirings. We could get alot more for that than Bibby.

You start this off as a just the facts subject line that involves some fantasy trade idea you have concerning no less than five of our players and a 2nd round pick. What teams do you have facts on that were interested in your fantasy deal?

Come on Walter, just the facts is this: we got a nice PG for 4 bench players and only one of which is a potential future starter in Shelden. Bibby is well worth all that. And instead of complaining about keeping Chilz, you should be jumping for joy becuase that is some serious icing on the cake.

This thread is exactly like that old saying, some people cannot see the forest because of the trees. Open your eyes Walter and enjoy the forest....

Walter just likes being a harter, plain and simple.

Great trade for the Hawks. Of course Walter doesn't see it as a good thing. Any one suprised by that ? BK made the team better. That goes hand in hand with getting a new contract. Of course Walter's spin is this deal was only done to extend BK's stay here. What a load of cr*p. The deal was done to give us a legit starting PG who is playoff tested and makes the team better immediately and to get us in the playoffs for the first time in 9 years. Of course Walter puts more spin on it then one of those political radio host and says BK is just saving his own *ss. NO....BK is doing his job by bettering the team and the ASG is spending $10 mill more then they would have by allowing him to do it.

The fact is Walter, that you have no clue whether or not the ASG will resign both Chills and Smith. Until that happens your thread of "facts" is anything but factual. The ASG just pulled a trade that cost them alot of money that no one saw coming so who can say what they are thinking in terms of resigning Chills and Smith. Of course the teams performance and the players individual performances from now to then will matter alot. Chills could injure his feet as he has done in the past late in seasons. The fact is alot can happen between now and then.

It was a great trade. The team is better. Now sit back and try to have some fun and enjoyment out of life.

Or

You can continue to be the "Oscar the Grouch" of hawksquawk. Your addiction to having to play devil's advocate while alwayse being on the negative side is such a played out routine of yours.

Fact: Your a hater without even seeing the impact Bibby has for this team.

That is the only fact I see right now.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

And instead of complaining about keeping Chilz, you should be jumping for joy becuase that is some serious icing on the cake.

I'm not complaining about keeping Childress. I'm suggesting that we are only capable of "keeping" him for 3 months and cannot afford him or trade him given we will 99% likely have to take on similar contracts to S & T him. I'm suggesting this is a move to extend BK and Woody's contract not better the team.

W

First off, I don't begin to know how much our owners are willing to spend, so I doubt seriously, that we're not Capable of keeping Chillz. That's just your opinioned Gloom and Doom.

Second... simple question...

Are we better?

Did trading Shelden and expirings for Bibby make us better?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

W

If the trade was JUST a job saver, and you say we could've gotten alot more if Chills was packaged, then why didn't BK include Chill to get alot more? Wouldn't that make us even BETTER? If he was trying to save his job than he would've tried to get the best player possible to improve this team even more, whether Childress was involved or not.

Here's something interesting from John Hollinger about the impact of the Bibby trade on the Hawks' ability to resign Childress:

Quote:

Joran (Atlanta): What are the implications of the Bibby trade with respect to re-signing the Joshes?

John Hollinger: (3:42 PM ET ) Shouldn't impact keeping Josh Smith at all -- only a moron wouldn't match an offer for him. Might impact keeping Childress, but not in the way you think -- if you buy this trade as a signal that the Hawks are willing to spend, fewer teams might come after Childress, and Hawks would be more likely to match those that did.