• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Justin Williams would've blocked the deal

oiatlhawksfan

Quote:

The other note of interest here is that I was told Williams was originally part of the Atlanta deal. The Kings would have received Salim Stoudamire (expiring contract for $783,000) in return and Williams would've been in a better setting, except for one hitch. Because he had signed a one-year deal for the minimum, he had the same right to block a trade that Devean George has. And because of the way that stipulation blocked the Dallas-New Jersey deal for Jason Kidd, there was fear of a repeat occurence in this trade. Eventually, Williams and Stoudamire were removed from the table because of it.

The first rule of trading in the NBA is that you don't trade big for small and especially not when the big is a much better player. I'm sure the Nets wanted Diop because they want to keep him since he can help protect Sean Williams.

We might be able to get a big like Petro for Salim but even that is stretching it and Petro isn't as valuable as Diop.

Quote:

I think is also make Salim expendable, with supposed to be traded in this deal. I think it's he the one being shopped not Marvin or Smoove like some morons here are saying. After the jason kidd deal is done, I could see a Salim Stoudamire for Dasanga Diop swap.

Salim for Diop? LOL . . I wish. That's almost too perfect.

So the origianl deal we all thought when they said Shel, Salim and garbage was true after all. LOL I think we kinda got lucky because the Kings prolly wanted another young prospect like Salim to justify the trade. I'll bet thats why we had to give them a 2nd round pick. As for Diop, we can only hope that we can get him for Salim depending on what NJ needs or wants. I would think that someone else would want Diop and put something better on the table.

Quote:

Quote:

I think is also make Salim expendable, with supposed to be traded in this deal. I think it's he the one being shopped not Marvin or Smoove like some morons here are saying. After the jason kidd deal is done, I could see a Salim Stoudamire for Dasanga Diop swap.

Salim for Diop? LOL . . I wish. That's almost too perfect.

have you seen some of the trade done so far, it's possible.