• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Future Of Shelden WIlliams!

Wurider05

Quote:

Was he that bad? I always thought that he was the kind of player that would produce if given the opportunity and minutes. The media is making it sound like he is total garbage.

no he was not that bad I and hated when we drafted him.I thought he would be a great bench player if given nightly minutes.

He can find a niche for himself somewhere in this league as a backup (teams like Utah, San Antonio, Indiana come to mind).

I just always hated the pick. We were building our team as an athletic, up tempo outfit. So what do we do? We get a strong guy who isnt athletic and is pretty uncoordinated who cant really get out on the break. He never fit here and never would have as long as we were going with the athletic, up tempo style. Putting Roy next to JJ in the backcourt was the idea I was going for back then (with Foye being my #2 choice), and man, that wouldve worked!

Still, I do tihnk Shelden will find a place for himself in this league. But he`ll NEVER be anywhere near elite.

Quote:

He can find a niche for himself somewhere in this league as a backup (teams like Utah, San Antonio, Indiana come to mind).

I just always hated the pick. We were building our team as an athletic, up tempo outfit. So what do we do? We get a strong guy who isnt athletic and is pretty uncoordinated who cant really get out on the break. He never fit here and never would have as long as we were going with the athletic, up tempo style. Putting Roy next to JJ in the backcourt was the idea I was going for back then (with Foye being my #2 choice), and man, that wouldve worked!

Still, I do tihnk Shelden will find a place for himself in this league. But he`ll NEVER be anywhere near elite.

what made it even worse was Billy Knight laughed at us the year before with Marvin saying "u always take the best player" and what does he do the next year....

I think Shelden going to play well somewhere ,if he get's pt and rebounds like he should.

Remember how bad we thought Diaw sucked, then he went to the Suns and started getting triple doubles.

I dont think Shelden is that bad.Woody just didn't know how to use him ,or Salim or Diaw.

Quote:

Was he that bad? I always thought that he was the kind of player that would produce if given the opportunity and minutes. The media is making it sound like he is total garbage.

I like Shelden also, and I think he has a future in the post in the NBA. I would feel much better if it had been ZaZa going to Sacto.

Quote:

If he is in a starting lineup perhaps he could bring back the intensity he showed in college.

That heart he showed was the biggest thing missing from his game

That's my biggest issue with Shelden. I can remember very few times where he chased down the ball. He just stood there under the basket, if the ball came to him, he got it, if it didn't, he just stood there. I just never saw any fire from him that made me think he wanted to win the game. I hope he can get that back in Sacramento, but if he doesn't, their fans who remember how he played at Duke are going to be disappointed.