• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why Isn't Bibby Playing More?

JackB1

Why is Woodson playing him so few minutes? His left hand was injured, but his cardio shouldn't be hurting? I don't get it?

On the positive side, you can really see what Bibby brings to this team. He had more nice setups in that 1st qtr than I have seen all year from AJ & Lue.

On the negative side, when Al goes out and Zaza goes in, our team is so much worse. Also,

Joe is playing like dogsh*t. Woodson needs to sit him down and find out what the heck's wrong with Joe and if he needs rest, then rest him for crying out loud. I can't take another 5-20 night from Joe.

70 pts in the first half from LA frown.gif Lets see if we have any pride to play in the 2nd half.

We are always horrible after a break. Remember after Christmas how bad we were?

Woodson doesn't seem to get the team prepared to play.

Quote:

Bibby has 4 fouls and he seem like he hurt his leg (ankle??)

But Woodson sat him most of the 2nd qtr before he hurt his heel? There was talk about him not having his "wind" back yet, but I dont understand that. He hurt his hand. Why can't you hstay in shape...cardio wise? Run on the treadmill....workout. There is no excuse for being out of shape with a hand injury.

being able to run on a track or a treadmill. That goes for virtually every sport.

As a former college tennis player, I know from personal experience that there is a HUGE difference in being able run 5-6 miles on a treadmill and working out versus being in the shape necessary to compete at a high level on the tennis court.

Running is only a part of the deal. Your body has to adjust to ALL of the movements that you routinely use for the sport you are playing and in basketball, the changing of directions, the jumping the pushing, shoving and holding your position all come into play. You use muscles, tendons, etc in combinations that you just can't simulate unless you actually play the game at full speed.

Running and lifting weights speed up the time it takes for you to get back in shape but it is still a process. Duane Wade is STILL not all the way back from the time he spent away from the game with his shoulder problems.

Quote:

being able to run on a track or a treadmill. That goes for virtually every sport.

As a former college tennis player, I know from personal experience that there is a HUGE difference in being able run 5-6 miles on a treadmill and working out versus being in the shape necessary to compete at a high level on the tennis court.

Running is only a part of the deal. Your body has to adjust to ALL of the movements that you routinely use for the sport you are playing and in basketball, the changing of directions, the jumping the pushing, shoving and holding your position all come into play. You use muscles, tendons, etc in combinations that you just can't simulate unless you actually play the game at full speed.

Running and lifting weights speed up the time it takes for you to get back in shape but it is still a process. Duane Wade is STILL not all the way back from the time he spent away from the game with his shoulder problems.

I agree that you can't possible use all the same MUSCLES you use in the game, but there is no excuse for your "cardio" not being where it should be. Cardio is ONLY your ability to get enough oxygen pumping and that comes from running, working out, etc.

Besides, Bibby's been back for a month now and he played 39 minutes on 2/12 and on 2/01, so why is he only playing 16 mins last night? I understand sitting him after the heel problem, but we need him to get some time to adjust to his teammates ASAP. Woodson had him sitting nearly the entire 2nd qtr, which I couldn't understand.