VS

Golden_State_Warriors_logo.png

@

oakland_arena.jpg

The Good Guys

hawks-new.gif

The Bad Guys

warriors5ph7.gif

The Squawk's Game Threads have been all style and little substance. That all changes today. Introducing today for his Game Thread debut....... *drum roll please*

Quote:

northcyde.jpg
Northcyde's Corner

If you haven't seen the Warriors lately, they're as dangerous as ever, as the Boston win on Wednesday proved. And once again, some Hawk fans can point to yet another guy that Knight passed on. With Salim Stoudamire being treated like an Al-Queda operative by Woody these days, the guy that BK also had his eye on in the 2005 draft, Monta Ellis, has EXPLODED like a nuclear bomb in Feburary.

In the past 7 games, Monta has averaged a whopping 26 ppg, 5 assists, and has shot an incredible 63% from the field. Every time an opponent misses a shot, they're immeadiately looking to get the ball to Ellis, who has turned into an HGH-version of Spud Webb. He quickly pushes the ball up court, and either takes it to the rim, or takes the 15 - 18 foot jumper.

For the Hawks to win, they MUST neutralize Ellis, and prevent him from taking over the game in short stretches. This is also setting up to be a potential nightmare matchup for JJ. There's no way he can stay with Ellis. Josh Smith must stay out of foul trouble tonight, so that he be a shot blocking presence all night.

Our saving grace tonight, may be to constantly go after Ellis on the defensive end to get him in foul trouble. Your mission tonight JJ, if you and Woody choose to accept it, is to post Ellis up as much as possible and quickly go at him. This message will self-delete in 5 seconds. Good luck Hawks.

heavenhelpusnow.jpg

We Need A Win!

Viva La Hawks!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Niiiiiiice. Very nice.

Note to Hawksquawk: This will NOT be an evry game occurance. I enjoy the old Teke threads. But on those days in which he may need a relief pitcher, I'll throw my 2 cents in every now and then.

Monta scares the ish out of me tonight, especially with no Law.

Our past success against Golden St usually comes from when they start to get 3-point happy. Monta is changing how they attack people these days, with his pushing of the ball and his dribble penetration to score.

Like the commercial says, he's the fastest player in the league. He and Baron are a very dangerous offensive backcourt.

We just can't fall in love with the jumper tonight.

Thanks guys - I liked it thumb3d.gif - especially the big-balled squirrel pick. We should be totally screwed in this game so watch out - if I were the Woodster I'd cut Salim loose and see what he can bring. I'd use Mario too. Spread those minutes and hope for success. If we play them conservative BDavis will probably flat kill us.

Quote:

OT: Somebody named Wallace went down in an nba game and had to be taken off on a stretcher. I caught the very last of it and couldn't even make out the uni's. I may be wrong on the last name but I think I'm right - the way they seg'ed into the Ben Wallace mini-interview.

Yeah it was Gerald Wallace of the Bobcats. He was elbowed by Mikki Moore.