• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm Ready to Choke Josh Smith!

d2v16DKG

Quote:

If Josh Smith loses that ball one more time I'm going to choke him!

We have had so many pg problems that he has been forced to be a playmaker and he just isn't suited to be one. when Bibby and Law get healthy Smith needs to let them be the playmakers and stop trying to force the action.

Some of his problems tonight were just inexperience in the post but his turnovers have been a problem all year.

Give me a freaking break....

We don't win, without him forcing the break. We don't win, without him passing outta the post. He hasn't had a game like this, in a long time. And you know what, he kept wanting the ball. Mistakes happen. I wish he didn't make as many last night, sure...but he did exactly what we needed from him. Go into the post and make things happen. Bibby and Chillz had more frustrating TO's. They cost us numerous times, on the break.

Quote:

Inexperience? How long is that going to be an excuse?

This is his first year posting guys up. He never did that before. Since he has had some success with it teams are making adjustments to stop him. They are taking advantage of his high dribble by poking the ball away and sending late doubles.

But the big issue is that in the end he will have to stop trying to be Jason Kidd and let the pgs be the playmakers. He tries to do too much with the ball.

Quote:

...This is his first year posting guys up. He never did that before. Since he has had some success with it teams are making adjustments to stop him. They are taking advantage of his high dribble by poking the ball away and sending late doubles....

Ex pretty much knows what he's talking about when it comes to Smoove. Smoove has made "Gargantuan" leaps this year though. Last year he couldn't make a flockin layup.

...and a point I'm not sure Ex agrees with...or wants to....Chillz has improved a good bit from the guy who couldn't get the ball inbounds at crunch time. He hasn't gone hog-wild, but he has made some strides. (still has the worst outside shot in the nba though - effectiveness-wise)

Quote:

Quote:

...This is his first year posting guys up. He never did that before. Since he has had some success with it teams are making adjustments to stop him. They are taking advantage of his high dribble by poking the ball away and sending late doubles....

Ex pretty much knows what he's talking about when it comes to Smoove. Smoove has made "Gargantuan" leaps this year though. Last year he couldn't make a flockin layup.

...and a point I'm not sure Ex agrees with...or wants to....Chillz has improved a good bit from the guy who couldn't get the ball inbounds at crunch time. He hasn't gone hog-wild, but he has made some strides. (still has the worst outside shot in the nba though - effectiveness-wise)

The problems with Childress are still the same. Now that Lue is gone he and Zaza are by far the worst defenders among the regulars. The Hawks give up 5.2 more ppg when he is playing.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL8D.HTM

Childress has always done well in fast paced games. And even on fast breaks he is annoyingly turnover prone.

In a half court set his effectiveness drops like a stone.

he has certainly outplayed Marvin this month.Marvin has been crap and Childress is having his best month in recent memory. The fact that the Hawks are pushing the ball upcourt more often certainly helps Childress.

But the reality is that even though Childress is having a big month by his standards he is only averaging 16 ppg in Feb. With his complete lack of outside shooting and defense he just isn't a keeper in my book.

I thought we played into GS's game too much last night. There is a difference between up tempo game and Helter Skelter, which they love. And when we got into that mode we turned it over too much. Thought we could've played a little more controled and that would include Smoove chilling some.

That being said . . . . . I loved how we came out in the last quarter. I thought they were going to catch us but we came back strong.

Quote:

There may be stats to refute this, but it seems like every time we run the offense thru Josh S (post up, etc) it is a total disaster.

The Hawks are scoring 5 ppg fewer when Smith is playing

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL11D.HTM

so even though he has had some huge games his overall effect is a negative one. He needs to give the ball up and let the pgs do the creating. he also needs to take far fewer jumpers, or start making them more consistently. The brickfest is getting old.