• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Nice job Mike Woodson

NJHAWK

Gotta give him some props tonight. In the 1st half Salim started chucking crazy shots after playing well and Woody went right to Bibby. Also ZazA started getting flat footed and out rebounded by Wright and Woody went right to Horford. Then when it appeared we were well on our way to blowing a huge lead he put Salim in and stuck with him instead of killing Bibby with too many minutes. I saw some of you complain about why he didnt go to Bibby earlier in the 4th, well Im sure his plan was to rest him as long as possible and prolly the rest of the game if we kept a big enough lead. He didnt put Bibby back in till he saw Chills commit the offensive foul leading the break. Sorry but if the guy does a good job like Woddy did tonight ya gotta give him props.

I think Woodson just got lucky. If GS comes back, everyone would have called for his head for waiting so long to bring Bibby back in. Also, Why did he leave Al on the bench when Marvin and Josh S. were struggling? I have just seen SO MUCH horrible coaching all year from Woodson, it will take a whole lot more than just choosing the proper subs to impress me.

Oh please, Bibby had to come in anyway. If he puts Bib and Horford in with about 61/2 to play, he probably could have taken the starters out with 2 to 3 minutes left.

It is much easier to leave the guys in to finish the game than it is to bring them off the bench cold to enter a tight game when the momentum has changed and the crowd is going crazy, he lucked out because the Warriors could not hit open threes.

Quote:

Gotta give him some props tonight. In the 1st half Salim started chucking crazy shots after playing well and Woody went right to Bibby. Also ZazA started getting flat footed and out rebounded by Wright and Woody went right to Horford. Then when it appeared we were well on our way to blowing a huge lead he put Salim in and stuck with him instead of killing Bibby with too many minutes. I saw some of you complain about why he didnt go to Bibby earlier in the 4th, well Im sure his plan was to rest him as long as possible and prolly the rest of the game if we kept a big enough lead. He didnt put Bibby back in till he saw Chills commit the offensive foul leading the break. Sorry but if the guy does a good job like Woddy did tonight ya gotta give him props.

Wow guy, I'm sorry but this sounds just like a fan who has been a fan of a team who has not been in the playoffs in 8 years.

Guy this is the second half of the season, where the big boys come and play to take momentum going into the playoffs. We are now in a tight race for a playoff spot. There is no time to play soft because your man is somewhat limping. Bibby knows he is a star and when times get hard the stars show up. they dont go hide on the bench. I think JJ will learn to get some heart because of Bibby's strong will to play.

Woody almost F up this game. Don went small and got Big AL into foul trouble. While AL was out they took it to us in the paint! They started getting offense rebounds and cut into the lead. After the 3rd ended, we should have seen Big AL.. That is this team biggest problem is they let other teams dictate our game in the 4th too much... aka... Bad Coaching!

Quote:

The forth quarter defensive adjustments may also go unnoticed. Early in the quarter Woody switched to 1-2-2 zone with JSmith at the top defending Davis. With about 4 minutes left he switched again. S scored 21 in the forth after 39 in the 3rd.

And that move immeadiately stopped G-Stare in their tracks to start the 4th. We immeadiately went on a 9 - 2 run, and really wasn't seriously threatened after that.

Davis was held to 3 points in that quarter by the way. Monta had 9 in the qtr, but some of those points came real late.

LOL @ people saying he "lucked up".

This was easily Woody's best coached game of the year.

• Premium Member

Quote:

And that move immeadiately stopped G-Stare in their tracks to start the 4th. We immeadiately went on a 9 - 2 run, and really wasn't seriously threatened after that.

Davis was held to 3 points in that quarter by the way. Monta had 9 in the qtr, but some of those points came real late.

LOL @ people saying he "lucked up".

This was easily Woody's best coached game of the year.

It's the first game in a while that it at least looked like we were a coached team.

I think our success had more to do with the pace of the game, and our ability to hit shots and take care of the ball (at least during the first half when they build the lead) while running than Woody's adjustments... but I agree that this was a good showing by Woodson and the team.

Quote:

I think our success had more to do with the pace of the game

Exactly. We've been saying this roster is built to run for years, and we look our best when we run, by far. The other team ALWAYS dictates the tempo on us, and GS's pace plays to our strength.

Just like Salim looked good when he was finally forced to play him due to injuries. Just like Law started to look good when he was finally forced to play him bigger minutes due to injuries.

Everything always happens in spite of Woody, not because of him.

Nevertheless, we looked good last night and he didn't do anything particularly wrong, so I'll take it.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I think our success had more to do with the pace of the game

Exactly. We've been saying this roster is built to run for years, and we look our best when we run, by far. The other team ALWAYS dictates the tempo on us, and GS's pace plays to our strength.

Just like Salim looked good when he was finally forced to play him due to injuries. Just like Law started to look good when he was finally forced to play him bigger minutes due to injuries.

Everything always happens in spite of Woody, not because of him.

Nevertheless, we looked good last night and he didn't do anything particularly wrong, so I'll take it.

So true. Nice post.