• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Diesel's take: Hawks Warriors.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Good win for the good guys...

We needed a road wini and we got one.

The things I really liked were Bibby's 2nd qtr. This guy is a shooter.

Salim learning that you don't have to shoot it every time you touch it.

Chillz running the show.

Can somebody sign Richardson up for the rest of the season... He spells JJ nicely.

The thing that gave me the most hope...

Bibs to Smoove on the pick and roll and Smoove finishes with an alley opp dunk!!!

IF Bibby can make Smoove unafraid to finish strong inside... He's worth the money.

Questions I have:

[*]Why Is Marvin still starting?

[*]Who here believes that Marvin is a better fit than Chillz?

[*]Can Solo get some love?

[*]What has Zaza been drinking?

I think we would do well to get Jamaal Magloire, however, Zaza has been providing very strong rebounding and scoring.

• Premium Member

One more thing...

Salim is learning to play off guard better. Somebody told him that if instead of cranking dat jumpshot, that you use your speed, you can get to the bucket or the line everytime. That will make Salim dangerous.

I think Richardsons bad defense is going to stick out more when the Hawks get back east. Dude looks like a terrible defensive player. When the games get back to the east and each possession becomes more important, I think his defense will stick out like a sore thumb. On top of this.... People say the Hawks should run, run, run. Well, I'm starting to wonder if the Hawks have enough basketball IQ to be a running team. This team has so few smart ball handlers that the team will look bad if the other teams defense is good. Which is somewhat what happened in the LA game.

I know LA is not a great defensive team, but last night was like night and day between that game and the LA game.

1. Marvin is still starting because he is a more talented player than Chillz. He's in a shooting slump right now but he will come out of it.

2. Marvin is a better fit because he shoots and in my opinion defends better than Chillz. Chillz is better at cutting to the basket and offensive rebounding but I will take Marvin's talent over Chillz' all day. I LOVE Chillz in his 6th man role but Marvin is the future for us at SF.

3. Solo has to prove that he can handle the physical nature of the NBA game. The LAL game showed how weak he is. He kept getting stripped by their guards and he was getting pushed around by everybody. He stll has potential but he needs to spend the off season in the weightroom.

4. Zaza looks like a Remy Martin man to me. drink.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

1. Marvin is still starting because he is a more talented player than Chillz. He's in a shooting slump right now but he will come out of it.

2. Marvin is a better fit because he shoots and in my opinion defends better than Chillz. Chillz is better at cutting to the basket and offensive rebounding but I will take Marvin's talent over Chillz' all day. I LOVE Chillz in his 6th man role but Marvin is the future for us at SF.

3. Solo has to prove that he can handle the physical nature of the NBA game. The LAL game showed how weak he is. He kept getting stripped by their guards and he was getting pushed around by everybody. He stll has potential but he needs to spend the off season in the weightroom.

4. Zaza looks like a Remy Martin man to me.
drink.gif

It shows that you obviously are not watching Hawks games.

When we need him, Chillz is there. He helped us stay afloat and weather GS's run last night and Mr. Intangible does that every night.

However, MARVIN... Sheeeeeeeeeee iiittt.. .Marvin does absolutely nothing past the first quarter. He is a freakin glorified jump shooter. We need more from him than that... but seemingly that's all he can give. And him putting the ball on the floor... sad. Refs are starting to call those charges when he ducks his head and runs into the defender... and HEART?? Lacking. Last night, Marv gets the rebound. Azubike snatches the rebound from Marv, Loose ball and Pietrus goes flying out of bounds trying to get it. What about Marvin... He's sitting there with a stupid look on his face, and no hustle. If you're not doing anything else... at the least HUSTLE.

That's why Chillz is a better fit than Marvin... because when we need him, he is there. I've heard about how pretty Marvin's shot is and all that Marvin could be if he applies himself... however, if he's not applying himself then all of that means absolutely NOTHING...

Give me Chillz with his 100% hustle shooting 59% from the field and doing whatever he's asked or needed to do over Marvin who is just glorified for what he could do but does nothing!

To be honest Marvin has been in this slump since right after he got hurt a few weeks back. I think he is playing through an injury. Marvin played very well for us before he got hurt. Chills is healthy and playing like 6th man of the year right now. Its hard to find somebody who can come off the bench and make an impact like Chills. Once you have a guy who can do that its really hard to change his role because every team needs a guy like that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think Richardsons bad defense is going to stick out more when the Hawks get back east. Dude looks like a terrible defensive player. When the games get back to the east and each possession becomes more important, I think his defense will stick out like a sore thumb. On top of this.... People say the Hawks should run, run, run. Well, I'm starting to wonder if the Hawks have enough basketball IQ to be a running team. This team has so few smart ball handlers that the team will look bad if the other teams defense is good. Which is somewhat what happened in the LA game.

I know LA is not a great defensive team, but last night was like night and day between that game and the LA game.

Eh. I think a lot of it has to do with our players coming out too excited after acquiring Bibby. TOs haven't been that big of a problem until after that trade... before that we were around middle of the pack in TO's (around 14 a game) despite being in the top three in transition points.

I hope that as the players get used to each other again that the TO problem will get itself sorted out.

• Premium Member

Quote:

14 rebounds is pretty good from a player thay does nothing. People act like we don't need BOTH Chill and Marvin.

14 rebounds against a team like GS is not a great accomplishment.

Moreover, 10 points in 37 minutes is embarrassing from a should be 3rd option.