• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looking ahead to the summer.

mrhonline

Quote:

If they wanted Smoove what do you think they would have traded for him. Let's remember, Smoove doesn't make 2 million dollars. They would have had to take on expirings and then at that, it's doubtful we would have given up only expirings.

If they really wanted Smith they could have gotten him. It is no secret that BK likes Gasol. He certainly wouldn't attach Speedy to the deal and Shelden wouldn't be a deal breaker since he is on his rookie contract.

Quote:

How bad do you think Smoove would have wrecked their plans to tank?? Miller, Gay, and Smoove is a pretty formidable team. Add in Darko, MCJ

Smith certainly hasn't stopped us from tanking and he hasn't stopped us from dropping like a stone the past few weeks.

Darko blows.

• 5 months later...
And MemphisX, I know you know this and are just trying to prop up your team, but there's no indication the Grizzlies are going to make a big splash in free agency. To trade Gasol for crap because he's "not a franchise player," and then turn around and offer that kind of money to Josh Smith, who also is "not a franchise player," is beyond illogical. (Especially when a better PF is available in Emeka Okafor).

:no-no: :biggrin:

:no-no: :biggrin:

Where is that max offer you were talking about? 5 years $58 million is pretty far from the max.

if Memphis does not get the #1 pick the #1 target will be Josh Smith with the maximum they can possibly offer him.

BTW i could have sworn you said they wouldn't pursue smith after drafting whatsisname late in the first round.

Do you still think Brand to Philly was a smokescreen?

Edited by exodus

• Premium Member

If MemphisX gets credit for his team extending an offer sheet five weeks into the offseason, shouldn't I get poster of the month for accurately portraying the four of the five teams that would be major players this offseason?