• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

If we win tonight . . MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

TheNorthCydeRises

With the way that the Spurs are playing lately I don't see us having much shot at beating them, but you never know this could be a game that we steal. I can see us holding our own starters vs starters but once it goes to the bench we will get killed, just like all of the upper echelon teams will do to us.

Your 100% right. We have a punchers chance to win tonight. We need our bench to play well. It depends on which bench shows up. We need Chills to play like he was playing before the Utah game. We need Salim and Richardson to hit some shots. I dont expect anything from ZazA SO HORFORD IS GONNA HAVE TO BRING IT TONIGHT. He is gonna hve to have a big game AND STAY OUT OF FOUL TROUBLE. It wont be easy but its possible.

The only way we have a shot is if our starters can play big minutes. If Horf gets 2 early fouls, we are done. Also if Bibby is still hobbled and only plays 15-20 mins, we wont have a chance either. I would rather we rest Bibby tonite and just atke the loss and move on. We need a 100% Bibby for the stretch run. And while we're at it....rest JJ too.

As suggested, Salim is going for a triple double tonight!!!

If the Hawks can hit their shots and not go to their sleepwalk or turnover city, we will be

"right there" when all is said and done. We MUST make those shots!

Quote:

I think the chances of the Hawks winning tonight are about the same as the chances that Salim gets a triple double before the season is over.

I think the last time we won in San antoino, this guy was playing for them....

dominiquewilkins-1.jpg

I think the key tonight is to limit Ginobili. He absolutely KILLED us in the first half last game but Mario came in and gave him some problems. Hopefully, Woody will remember that because he DESTROYED JJ and Chillz. Duncan was decent but he didn't really go off against us last game (which actually might be a bad sign).

My hope is that we can stay hot from the 3 pt line, limit SA to one shot and limit our turnovers. Maybe it is because the guys are adjusting to a new teammate but we have turned the ball over almost twice as much since Bibby got here (and it is not just him). In the ten games before Bibby got here, we averaged 13 TOs per game. In the four games he has been here, we are averaging a whopping 21 TOs per game. How we turned it over 20 times versus GS and still won I'll never know.

Take care of the ball, block out and make shots. 3 simple (yeah right) things and we can steal one in SA.

Quote:

Mission Accomplished?????

About like what Bush said on the aircraft carrier. And we are still fighting.

If we win it is a moral victory, but that's the way it's been all season. A win to ease the pressure off Woody and then five losses. In the end it's not a victory.

Exactly. Kinda like how we beat both the Suns and Mavs early in the season, or the Lakers about two weeks ago, and for what? I dont want to hear this drivel. This is why our team is saddled with mediocrity. We have a long way to go before we start hoping and praying for a win against a team like the Spurs. Winning tonight is great, but it shouldnt start making people cream and punching playoffs tickets. We may win tonight, but by no means is that an inidcator that we can beat good teams on any consistent basis. Hell, we cant even beat the bad teams on a consistent basis...

Quote:

It don't sound like a victory, but to be able to win 2 of these 5 road games, means that our objective has been achieved. As always, it doesn't matter which games you win, just as long as you win. These guys aren't the least bit afraid of the Spurs. Don't be shocked if they win tonight.

Way to jinx it.