• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

this does not sound like a coach who wants to run

Guest Walter

Quote:

It boggles my mind on this thread that people are actually saying that our success is by virtue of the good job we do running a halfcourt offense. We are terrible in the halfcourt. Just aweful.
I don't know where to go in a conversation if people think we are actually a good halfcourt team.
I hope we improve in this but Hawks halfcourt offense is really ugly and ineffective this year.

That is NOT what I said. I just make the point that in the vast majority of the games we've WON this year, our halfcourt offense was one of the reasons why we did win, along with our defense. Just go back and re-watch the games.

When we were winning games earlier in the season, the defense was tough, we were getting to the line A LOT ( especially Smoove ), we kept people off the offensive boards, and people like JJ or Marvin were knocking down shots within the halfcourt offense to ensure victory. ( Even AJ was knocking down 3's within the halfcourt offense during that 5 game win streak )

When we lost, the shots wouldn't fall, we didn't get to the line much, the defense would let us down during critical stretches, and we usually got killed on the boards.

I also made the point that if this team DOES run, I want them to run right. "Running right" means that you get the ball to your PG as much as you can, and you let him be the decision maker. Not to our athletic forwards whose decision making is questionable at best.

Bibby did a great job in controlling the action on the offensive end, especially in that 1st half. He controlled the Hawks exactly how they should be controlled. It's nice having a PG here that actually knows how to properly run the position. That was my biggest gripe about AJ.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic