• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sekou's latest blog

frosgrim

Quote:

Also, I know you were not commenting on this but I will add it because it's relevant to the posters who are defending the teams play this year: Last year Marvin
missed an entire month
and
JJ missed two months
and we finished with around the same record we will most likely finish with this year... something that is extremely mind boggling to me.

Childress also missed at least 1 month on two separate occasions and JS was out.

These are "significant injuries" and not the IN"significant injuries", bruises even, Traceman sites that received at most a blurb, are by now healed, and everybody played through. Our opposition has often this year played like we were playing last year, a solid man or two down. That canNOT be ignored when you assess this team's "progress" or lack of progress. Oh, and all this with Horford and Law (now Bibby) added. This just does not bode well for our future. We are FAR healthier than our competition, a year older and more experienced, two added lottery picks, a starting caliber Pg, no draft pick to "tank" for, and the weakest EC I've ever seen, particularly teams 6 and down, and our record isn't much better than last year's injury-fest and tank-worthy season. I don't see how this can bode well for our future. We'll likely lose JC for little or nothing and don't have a 1st rder. Does NOT bode well. As someone else put it, a lot of EC teams with similar records to ours are under the cap and will spend to improve. Does NOT bode well for our future.

Sadly, it just seems to me that this rebuild NEVER got off the ground. It's just taxiing down the runway and we don't have enough runway left to take off from. Given our rookie contracts are now coming to an end and we don't have a real superstar much less two, lack important skill-sets, positions, and mismatch advantages, and have ongoing coaching issues, I don't see how this rebuild can ever take off.

Consider this rebuild grounded.

W

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic