• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who could the 2 sources be that dimed out BK

NJHAWK

Quote:

Sekou says there were two sources. Who could know that info besides coaches or owners? Maybe Nique?

BK wasn't "dimed out" in this. If anything the owners were "dimed out" and frankly that smells like BK and/or his agent acting on his behalf after BK was likely told he would not be extended.

W

Quote:

after BK was likely told he would not be extended

Where do you get that from? Was that just as assumption? Why does one have to do with other and why on Earth would you think that the ASG wouldn't keep BK if they aren't willing to lose Woody? Besides, if BK really has his hands tied here why would he care if he's not being extended? He probably wants to get the hell out of here is that's the case because he can't do his job properly.

From where I'm sitting this sounds like BK leaking this to the media because of his frustration with ownership not letting him do what he thinks is right and by doing this the ownership really has no choice but to respond to it. They either back BK now and can Woody, or they back Woody and can BK. No way that they can sit back and not respond now that the public knows that BK has tried to do this.

Dolfan, I think your interpretation is a lot more reasoned than the "BK's revenge" scenario. I also doubt the owners would back Woody while having already outed their plan to can BK.

Enough's enough, time for everyone to get their cards out on the table!

ASG's holding a 10 and a deuce. BK's got a pair of jacks. Woody's got a couple of "draw two" cards from an UNO deck.

Quote:

Quote:

after BK was likely told he would not be extended

Where do you get that from? Was that just as assumption? Why does one have to do with other and why on Earth would you think that the ASG wouldn't keep BK if they aren't willing to lose Woody? Besides, if BK really has his hands tied here why would he care if he's not being extended? He probably wants to get the hell out of here is that's the case because he can't do his job properly.

From where I'm sitting this sounds like BK leaking this to the media because of his frustration with ownership not letting him do what he thinks is right and by doing this the ownership really has no choice but to respond to it. They either back BK now and can Woody, or they back Woody and can BK. No way that they can sit back and not respond now that the public knows that BK has tried to do this.

Actually, I thought the same thing. The article didn't say Woody would saty indefinitely, just that he wasn't fired based on previous recommendations. Maybe, just maybe, BK was told neither would come back due to lack of performance and BK got ticked off and let it leak that performance could have improved if they had fired Woody during one of the 3 previous discussions. The number of times his firing came up is not an unimportant aspect to the story.

Quote:

Actually, I thought the same thing. The article didn't say Woody would saty indefinitely, just that he wasn't fired based on previous recommendations. Maybe, just maybe, BK was told neither would come back due to lack of performance and BK got ticked off and let it leak that performance could have improved if they had fired Woody during one of the 3 previous discussions. The number of times his firing came up is not an unimportant aspect to the story.

That's how I see it.

Who else was in the room when BK made his reported recommendations to the owners? It likely was he and the owners period. The owners get NOTHING from leaking this, BK definitely gets something from doing so.

W

But you were making it seem like a desperation attempt by BK to save his own job after they basically told him he wouldn't be back, which is the part I don't understand. I have no doubt that BK was the one that leaked this, UNLESS there is a rift among one half of the already rifted ownership group and they are the ones that wanted this out there.

Quote:

But you were making it seem like a desperation attempt by BK to save his own job after they basically told him he wouldn't be back, which is the part I don't understand.
I have no doubt that BK was the one that leaked this
, UNLESS there is a rift among one half of the already rifted ownership group and they are the ones that wanted this out there.

There isn't a person alive that doesn't know BK's ego is big. My belief is it is certainly big enough for him to promote this story for either personal or professional (a job after the Hawks) preservation if he thought he was being marginalized (which this story itself suggests) and/or not likely to be extended.

There are very few possibilities about who leaked this story TO SEKOU as Sekou would not print such a story without absolute proof. I doubt he would print it without one of the parties involved, either BK or the ASG (or members) confirming it. My opinion is it's BK and/or his agent. I just can't see the gain by members of the ASG further splintering their ownership with such divisive tactics. Can you?

W

Quote:

Quote:

But you were making it seem like a desperation attempt by BK to save his own job after they basically told him he wouldn't be back, which is the part I don't understand.
I have no doubt that BK was the one that leaked this
, UNLESS there is a rift among one half of the already rifted ownership group and they are the ones that wanted this out there.

There isn't a person alive that doesn't know BK's ego is big. My belief is it is certainly big enough for him to promote this story for either personal or professional (a job after the Hawks) preservation if he thought he was being marginalized (which this story itself suggests) and/or not likely to be extended.

There are very few possibilities about who leaked this story TO SEKOU as Sekou would not print such a story without absolute proof. I doubt he would print it without one of the parties involved, either BK or the ASG (or members) confirming it. My opinion is it's BK and/or his agent. I just can't see the gain by members of the ASG further splintering their ownership with such divisive tactics. Can you?

W

One of the sources is Gearon Jr., genius. Sekou said so in his story.

Quote:

Quote:

"Hawks General Manager Billy Knight recommended to ownership on three occasions, most recently two weeks ago, that head coach Mike Woodson be fired, two people familiar with the situation told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. That recommendation was rebuffed by team ownership.

Knight last recommended that Woodson be fired and replaced by assistant coach Larry Drew after the team traded for point guard Mike Bibby on Feb. 16 during the NBA's All-Star Weekend."

Now Gearon is said to have LATER confirmed (that would mean AFTER the story was already leaked to Sekou) the most recent meeting but that does NOT make him one of the initial SOURCES of the story. He confirmed it, NOT leaked it, Genius.

• Premium Member

Quote:

if BK really has his hands tied here why would he care if he's not being extended? He probably wants to get the hell out of here is that's the case because he can't do his job properly.

Though I agree that Walter's assumptions are completely baseless. I disagree with your reasoning.

If BK gets fired from the Hawks he will never, EVER, be the GM of a professional sports team again.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Sekou says there were two sources. Who could know that info besides coaches or owners? Maybe Nique?

I'll vote Belkin and Mullins.

I wonder when was the first time BK recommended that Woody be fired?

I think the possibility that the story is not true should be taken into consideration. We don't even know who the sources are for this.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"Hawks General Manager Billy Knight recommended to ownership on three occasions, most recently two weeks ago, that head coach Mike Woodson be fired, two people familiar with the situation told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. That recommendation was rebuffed by team ownership.

Knight last recommended that Woodson be fired and replaced by assistant coach Larry Drew after the team traded for point guard Mike Bibby on Feb. 16 during the NBA's All-Star Weekend."

Now Gearon is said to have LATER confirmed (that would mean AFTER the story was already leaked to Sekou) the most recent meeting but that does NOT make him one of the initial SOURCES of the story. He confirmed it, NOT leaked it, Genius.

Often times, Walter, a journalist seeks two reliable sources and then goes with a story. If Gearon confirmed what he got somewhere else, he went with it. Gearon is the second source.

Honestly, do you ever get tired of being insufferable? You're a pr!ck. Work on that, won't you?