• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who could the 2 sources be that dimed out BK

NJHAWK

How do you figure? He left Vancouver with talent and I think people realized that it wasn't his failings as a talent evaluator that caused him to lose his job there. The same thing would happen here if he were fired because he would leave a team loaded with talent and we will eventually put it together on the court and BK will again prove that he can assemble a talented roster. He is among the best in the NBA at making trades, average at drafting, and doesn't overspend on players who don't deserve it. I have no doubt that BK would land another job someplace else.

I'm really starting to wonder how tied his hands have been here and I kind of feel for him if he has to jump through hoops to make trades, sign players, or even replace the head coach.

You might be right, but I think with the Bibby trade he really transformed us into a team that can compete with anyone. Hopefully after it has been 30 days we can bring back Lo and maybe even TLue if he gets cut and that will help a lot with the depth issues.

Does this tell us anything about the recent Bibby trade? Was BK still stubbornly trying to hold onto all of his acquisitions/draft picks and was finally forced via coup to make the Bibby trade? Is BK THAT stubborn? I wouldn't doubt it.

If the Hawks go on a nice run and win enough games to make the playoffs now - BK is a dead man walking. tombstone.gif

The owners can always fire him and just not re-hire...they've done it before. "Alright guys" says Gearon, "short straw is the Hawks GM this month" eheheh.gif

I don't think that's the case. If anything I think the owners finally relented and let BK made a big move to add salary, which helped to make Bk and the owners look good and could potentially make Woody look good.

If the owners (the only ones who could force BK to do anything) wanted BK to make a trade and he refused they could have fired him and brought in someone else to do it. It makes a lot more sense to me that BK has had his hands tied in this matter.

Quote:

I don't think that's the case. If anything I think the owners finally relented and let BK made a big move to add salary, which helped to make Bk and the owners look good and could potentially make Woody look good.

Agreed. And judging by speculation, apparently BK didn't want to draft Shelden that one year. I'm sticking to my theory that as long as the Atlanta Spirit is in control, they might make the playoffs but that's about it. Nothing else, nothing more.

It could be interesting if maybe the reason pulled the whole stubborn not going to work out anyone else and draft Shelden thing was because he was being pressured to make that pick by the owners. I don't think that Woody wanted Shelden, otherwise he would have played him more this year.

Quote:

It could be interesting if maybe the reason pulled the whole stubborn not going to work out anyone else and draft Shelden thing was because he was being pressured to make that pick by the owners. I don't think that Woody wanted Shelden, otherwise he would have played him more this year.

Who seriously wanted Shelden Williams? Honestly, he had no business even being near the lottery, let alone the top 10.

We may never know. Obviously (since apparently BK was willing to fire Woody), they aren't on the same page. Logically, since this has blown up so soon after the move for Bibby, there was a disagreement. All the owners were there to see their new player last night (and he did fine).

Who would want a PG more? The guy who designed the 6'6" to 6'9" team or the guy who seems to want to coach traditionally? My guess is Woody wanted Bibby. Add to that - the owners obviously haven't been backing BK and add to that they have put other people out there as the face of the franchise this year (whether by design or BK's refusal to be interviewed). I think they are fed up with his @ss. If they "can" him they'll get no arguments from me.

Quote:

Roy was the guy that I wanted but I had high hopes for Shelden because I thought he would be a physical defender that could block shots and rebound. I don't watch much Duke basketball so I had no idea he was so unathletic.

I knew it was a bad decision because he came from Duke. I mean, they probably have the most overhyped players coming out of college.

Quote:

Roy was the guy that I wanted but I had high hopes for Shelden because I thought he would be a physical defender that could block shots and rebound. I don't watch much Duke basketball so I had no idea he was so unathletic.

I think Shelden will be ok. He could be a Brian Grant type down the road. Just wasn't going to work here with all of the negatives. No consistent playing time, no role, no offensive system, etc.

Quote:

You might be right, but I think with the Bibby trade he really transformed us into a team that can compete with anyone. Hopefully after it has been 30 days we can bring back Lo and maybe even TLue if he gets cut and that will help a lot with the depth issues.

At this point, we don't even know if BK is the one that pulled off the Bibby trade. Heck if he doesn't have the authority to fire a coach I doubt he has authority to make a trade for a max contract point guard.

It is very interesting that while in Memphis BK traded Bibby and now in Atlanta he is trading for him. Totally weird.

Quote:

Quote:

At this point, we don't even know if BK is the one that pulled off the Bibby trade. Heck if he doesn't have the authority to fire a coach I doubt he has authority to make a trade for a max contract point guard.

It is very interesting that while in Memphis BK traded Bibby and now in Atlanta he is trading for him. Totally weird.

BK probably the one seeking the trade but has to get approval from owners first ... just like he's seeking to remove Woodson but has to get approval from ASG.