• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Last night's game.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I stood up when Horf dunked.

Just had to excitedly get that out.

Bibby is a gamer. Down the stretch, he took the lead and he wrangled us in for a vic.

Marvin was just bad.

Chillz didn't do a lot statistically, but he's working his game where he can get the ball to Horf for open shots when he draws attention.

It seems like sometimes that Chillz comes in and he becomes the PG and Bibby becomes the OG.

JJ is solid. He's not flashy but he gets it done.

Can somebody please stop passing to Smoove when he's not looking to drive? that airball should have ben it, but nooooo!!! He encourages himself by hitting a three and then the next 5 shots are no guilt. That's Wood's fault. A new coach will yank his ass.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Can somebody please stop passing to Smoove when he's not looking to drive? that airball should have ben it, but nooooo!!! He encourages himself by hitting a three and then the next 5 shots are no guilt...

Someone needs to sit Smoove down with game tape and show him where his strengths AND limits are ON BOTH ENDS, and how it translates to wins when he plays to his strengths. He is so valuable to this team but we need more consistency and better decisions from him, even though he has improved every year.

Zaza is still getting too many touches IMO, sometimes even late in the shot clock, 15 feet from the hoop. That's a recipe for disaster and we have better options. He needs to be setting screens or sitting his butt deep in the post. Hopefully he took some notes while watching Solo last night.

Quote:

Quote:

Can somebody please stop passing to Smoove when he's not looking to drive? that airball should have ben it, but nooooo!!! He encourages himself by hitting a three and then the next 5 shots are no guilt...

Someone needs to sit Smoove down with game tape and show him where his strengths AND limits are ON BOTH ENDS, and how it translates to wins when he plays to his strengths. He is so valuable to this team but we need more consistency and better decisions from him, even though he has improved every year.

Zaza is still getting too many touches IMO, sometimes even late in the shot clock, 15 feet from the hoop. That's a recipe for disaster and we have better options. He needs to be setting screens or sitting his butt deep in the post. Hopefully he took some notes while watching Solo last night.

Smith did shoot some bad jumpers in that game but he also made a huge 3 point shot and he made two other jump shots in the game. I know some of you only see the bad shots but if look at his missed jump shots and made last night it wasnt really bad at all. The guy has made big 3 point shots in his career here people want him to stop shooting jumpers but the only he is going to improve is by shooting them. Kenny Smith when Smith made his 1st jumper of the game said if Smith can hit that shot every night he will be playing in Feburary at the allstar game which I believe is true. Also if Smith stops taking jumpers the defense wont let him drive as much because they will just try to leave him open. For him to be a complete basketball player he is going to have hit that jumper at a good %.

I just didn't like him settling for the J when we're playing against two defensively weak lead-foot bigs. He needs to use his athleticism to our advantage. Sure it will help if he can knock that jumper down consistently, but the Knicks were glad to give him that shot all night. He's still my fave player though; just wish his BBIQ would improve.

Quote:

Chillz didn't do a lot statistically, but he's working his game where he can get the ball to Horf for open shots when he draws attention.

LOL @ the spin doctor. Chillz had 3 turnovers against a horrible defense and got his shot blocked twice. He played 35 minutes and got only 6 pts, the 3rd time in the last 4 games that he has scored 7 pts or fewer.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

LOL @ the spin doctor. Chillz had 3 turnovers against a horrible defense and got his shot blocked twice. He played 35 minutes and got only 6 pts, the 3rd time in the last 4 games that he has scored 7 pts or fewer.

Did you watch the game or the boxscores?

No spin doctoring needed for this one. Chillz played well. I like the fact that he's looking for Horf in the offense!!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No spin doctoring needed for this one. Chillz played well. I like the fact that he's looking for Horf in the offense!!

Childress played like crap. He was invisible when he wasn't screwing up.

Funny how you accuse other people of making excuses for Marvin but when it comes to Childress you are an excuse machine. "He was working hard out there, he's Mr. Intangible."

spin.gif

He was a waste of space out there.

Bibby is the mature leader we have lacked and it is hugely critical with everything that is going on off the court.

I think JJ has been tainted by the Woody/BK thing and it's impacted his game and leadership. Seems Bibby has come in with a fresh perspetive and it is sorely needed.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Childress played like crap. He was invisible when he wasn't screwing up.

Funny how you accuse other people of making excuses for Marvin but when it comes to Childress you are an excuse machine. "He was working hard out there, he's Mr. Intangible."

spin.gif

He was a waste of space out there. superhero.gif

Agenda Man,

We know your latest agenda is to bring down Childress and Horf on this messageboard. But honestly, you should really watch the games instead of the stat sheets!!!

He was mostly invisible out there. He didn't defend well and he let his man get a couple of offensive rebounds because rather than blocking out, he tried to leak out on the fast break. After watching that, I think that is why Chillz doesn't rebound that well on the defensive end. He aggressively goes for offensive rebounds but he tends to snowbird a lot on the other end. I'm not down on him at all because honestly the Knicks present a tough matchup for him. I think he will bounce back against the Celtics.

As for Marvin, he didn't play very well either. His shot wasn't falling (AGAIN) but he did do a good job of defending and hitting the boards when he came in for Smoove in the 4th. Smoove ASKED for a blow by the way (he was NOT benched for taking that ill-advised J).

• Premium Member

Quote:

He was mostly invisible out there. He didn't defend well and he let his man get a couple of offensive rebounds because rather than blocking out, he tried to leak out on the fast break. After watching that, I think that is why Chillz doesn't rebound that well on the defensive end. He aggressively goes for offensive rebounds but he tends to snowbird a lot on the other end. I'm not down on him at all because honestly the Knicks present a tough matchup for him. I think he will bounce back against the Celtics.

As for Marvin, he didn't play very well either. His shot wasn't falling (AGAIN) but he did do a good job of defending and hitting the boards when he came in for Smoove in the 4th. Smoove ASKED for a blow by the way (he was NOT benched for taking that ill-advised J).

I don't understand how you can complain about a guy who keeps the other teams offense honest by being able to break out for easy buckets after missed shots.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't understand how you can complain about a guy who keeps the other teams offense honest by being able to break out for easy buckets after missed shots.

Because defensive rebounding is one of the Hawks big weaknesses. You can't run if you don't get the rebound.

I have criticized Marvin plenty of times when he has played poorly. When was the last time you criticized Childress for playing poorly?

*crickets*

No matter how poorly Childress plays it is always "Childress is working hard out there. He is doing things that don't show up in the stat sheet. He's Mr Intangible."

Too bad his intangibles don't include defense.

I thought you were on point with most of what you stated...

A couple of things I saw different...

Marvin has become completely inept on offense. He is a turnover waiting to happen. Where has his confidence gone? He is playing pretty good defense and does a decent job of hitting the boards. I'm not trying to defend him because we obviously need more out of him if he is to be part of this team's future. At this point though, his game reminds me of someone like an Ira Newble more than any kind of starting quality 3 in this league.

I love Chillz on the baseline and on leakouts, but he really does not do a good job of playing man-up defense.

My main problem with Smoove's air ball was he took a step back and shot a fade away when nobody was even close to him. I don't have a big problem with him shooting that shot if he steps into it and shoots with confidence. What it showed me is he thought about that shot too much before he took it. He did get pulled out right after that, but you can't keep him out because nobody else defends the rim like he does.

Among small forwards who play at least 20 minutes per game in offensive rebounding. However he ranks 35th in defensive rebounding.

How many times have we seen Smith race back to block a shot on the opponents fast break only to have them get the rebound for an easy follow up. Where's childress? He is hanging back hoping to get an easy layup when the hawks get the ball. In other words he is conceding the basket.

Childress is quick to abondon the defensive boards to leak out for an easy score. However he is very slow to get back on defense because he is hanging around under the rim again hoping for an easy score.

That's called that cherry picking. It helps pad the stats but doesn't really help the team win. I can certainly understand his motivation though. His stats definitely need padding.

When you lead the conference in bench scoring and shot 58% you surely need to pad your stats. drunk.gif

He is the 6th man averaging 5RPG. That's not bad at all. He almost outrounds Marvin who plays 35MPG. It's just funny how the guy does nothing right in your eyes but WINNING teams are trying to trade for him.pillepalle.gif

Seriously, it doesn't make your opinion look good.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Among small forwards who play at least 20 minutes per game in offensive rebounding. However he ranks 35th in defensive rebounding.

How many times have we seen Smith race back to block a shot on the opponents fast break only to have them get the rebound for an easy follow up. Where's childress? He is hanging back hoping to get an easy layup when the hawks get the ball. In other words he is conceding the basket.

Childress is quick to abondon the defensive boards to leak out for an easy score. However he is very slow to get back on defense because he is hanging around under the rim again hoping for an easy score.

That's called that cherry picking. It helps pad the stats but doesn't really help the team win. I can certainly understand his motivation though. His stats definitely need padding.

When he is the only true consistent low post scoring that we have, I don't see where there's room to complain about how he gets his points. You're ridiculous Ex. You want to complain, complain, complain. Complain when he scores 25, complain when he has 6 assists and 6 rebounds... Complain when he's 11 of 12...

If you want to meditate on a stat (since you don't watch games) meditate on his efficiency and tell me how that hurts the team!

He'll will probably link you to 82games.com again. The site that uses a formula that basically says Tracy McGrady is an ineffective player. Not that he is my favorite player, but I'm sure not going to look seriously at a site that uses a formula that says Tmac is only worth .7PPG when he is on the court. ESP on a team that only has 3 guys scoring double figures.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He'll will probably link you to 82games.com again. The site that uses a formula that basically says Tracy McGrady is an ineffective player. Not that he is my favorite player, but I'm sure not going to look seriously at a site that uses a formula that says Tmac is only worth .7PPG when he is on the court. ESP on a team that only has 3 guys scoring double figures.

Not everything that CHillz brings on the floor is statistically measured. That's ex's problem. He doesn't watch games... so he doesn't know the value of CHillz. We all know that Chillz have limitations. He's no superstar... But he definitely brings more to the party than the stats say...

Don't get me wrong, if he goes demanding a crazy amount of money then he should be let go or S&T. It seems like EX expects him to do everything since he is the only productive bench player the Hawks have. Childress would be 3rd on Toronto in scoring and rebounding right now. He would be 4th in scoring and tied for 3rd in rebounding if he was with the Spurs with his current stats.

The coaching staff has to make use of players strength's while covering up the weaknesses. The hawks haven't had a coach that can do this in years.