• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Last night's game.

Diesel

Quote:

You can use 82games.com to kind of prove your point.

When you go to Chill, and click on Player Stats, you'll see the different breakdown in the shooting numbers.

When you look at the "shot clock usage" section, you'll see that Chill takes
57% of his shots within 10 seconds of the shot clock being elasped
. In other words, he's shooting 57% of the time, before the shot clock gets to 14 seconds.

I'll bet money that Chill's 57% is the highest percentage in the league, of the guys wo get playing time every game. That's an absolute ridiculous number.

The only guys that I could think of that even would come close to that number, are the guys on Phoenix ( including when Marion was there ) ans Golden St. Of that group, Monta Ellis came closest to Chill, with 52% of his shots coming before 14 seconds are gone off the shot clock. Guys like Baron, Marion, and Barbosa were in the high 40% range.

We used to have a guy on our high school team that we nicknamed "Bill Hall". Bill Hall was ( and still is ) a weatherman on one of the local stations in Nashville. Whenever it snowed, that station had what it called the "Snowbird Report" to announce the middle Tennessee counties that were closed for school.

So because the guy used to always leak out after a shot, just so he could dunk it if he received a quick outlet pass. And because another name for that is "snowbirdng", we used to call him Bill Hall.

Like Chill, he'd break his neck to get offensive rebounds, but give half of that effort on the defensive boards. LOL . . he was kind of weak defensively too. That guy was by far the best athlete on the team though, and the QB of the football team.

Those numbers work too. But given Diesels lack of understanding about numbers he will certainly dismiss them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

LOL i guess Kidd didn't get the memo about running out since he averages 6.7 defensive rebounds per game, more than anyone on our roster except Horford.

Chris Paul gets 3.3 defensive rebounds per game compared to Childress' 2.7. Lame

We don't spend much time in a zone either.

You mean to tell me you don't understand the difference between a drive and dish PG and a OG that leaks out???

Great Basketball analysis there scooter.

The fact that you are referring to Childress as a guard shows how little you know about basketball. he spends hardly any time at the 2 thanks to a guy named Joe.

Show me ONE guard/forward in the NBA playing over 25 minutes who has nearly as many offensive rebounds as defensive rebounds. JUST ONE

Chill is a scrapper. Every team needs a scrapper on their squad.

But if you can criticize Chill for not grabbing more defensive boards, you can say the same thing about Marvin, and especially Smoove, on the offensive boards. Both of those guys should be better in that department, if you ask me. Smoove's athleticism should see him grabbing as high as 4 - 5 offensive boards a game, while Marvin's body type should have him getting to more offensive rebounds as well.

But like I said, it's a shame that fans can't appreciate what both guys bring to the table.

Their problem with their interior D is that they are undersized. Since they are undersized that is all the more reason for Childress to stay back and help on the defensive glass.

You don't have to have great big men to take charges.... You don't have to have big men to be active on the defensive end. Detroit has no legit center. Childress being a 2/3, rebounding at a high rate is not really supposed to be his goal. But even with that, how do you know Childress isn't told to leak out. How do you know?

Their defense has consistently been much better than their offense. In spite of their recent weakness defensively they are ranked 13th in defensive efficiency compared to 22 in offensive efficiency.

Isn't that more of a reason to try and get easy baskets?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL i guess Kidd didn't get the memo about running out since he averages 6.7 defensive rebounds per game, more than anyone on our roster except Horford.

Chris Paul gets 3.3 defensive rebounds per game compared to Childress' 2.7. Lame

We don't spend much time in a zone either.

You mean to tell me you don't understand the difference between a drive and dish PG and a OG that leaks out???

Great Basketball analysis there scooter.

The fact that you are referring to Childress as a guard shows how little you know about basketball. he spends hardly any time at the 2 thanks to a guy named Joe.

Show me ONE guard/forward in the NBA playing over 25 minutes who has nearly as many offensive rebounds as defensive rebounds. JUST ONE

Another instance of you not watching games.

When JJ is out of the game, Chillz is playing an OG.

When JJ is in the game, Chillz plays in the low post.

It's very hard to call Chillz a straight Sf because he handles the ball far more than most Sfs.

But again, I guess the stats don't tell you that.

Still waiting on the Spike Lee answer, but we both knew you wouldn't answer that either.

Quote:

Still waiting on the Spike Lee answer, but we both knew you wouldn't answer that either.

I did answer it dumbass. It isn't my fault if you can't read. Try and look at post 10900

and see if you can actually comprehend for a change.

He said he was born in Atlanta.

Quote:

When JJ is out of the game, Chillz is playing an OG.

LOL the problem is JJ plays 40 minutes a game.

Quote:

When JJ is in the game, Chillz plays in the low post.

Childress doesn't play in the post at all. What he does is move without the ball to find open areas. He never tries to establish post position unless he has the opposing pg guarding him.

It's amazing that JJ, Bibby and Smoove are the ones that will be making high dollars next year, but Childress (who likely isn't going to be making near as much) is supposed to average 15/7 off the bench with great defense and great jump shooting or else trade the bum!

JJ needs to start averging 26/5/6... Bibby needs to be averaging 17/8 and shooting 45% and Smoove better be atleast averaging 20/11 next year if he wants max bucks. I mean, for that money he should atleast be as productive as Shawn Marion. Then boards better go up alot starting next year.

Quote:

Basically you expect him to average 7RPG off the bench as a 2/3? I guess I should expect JJ to be scoring more than his laughable 20.5PPG.

Off the bench? Why would playing 30 minutes off the bench as opposed to playing 30 minutes as a starter hurt his rebounding?

I don't expect him to get 7 rebounds a game. What i expect is for him to put at least half the effort into defensive rebounding that he puts into offensive rebounding (where he leads the league among small forwards).

The fact that he gets fewer defensive rebounds than Chris Paul should tell you something.

Quote:

What numbers are you expecting from him? Regardless of how he gets them, 5RPG is plenty enough for a 2/3 playing 30MPG. ESP for a guy that shouldn't be anywhere near the max in terms of pay.

The fact that he is getting 2.3 offensive rebounds (leading the league) and is getting 2.7 defensive rebounds (35th) tells you that he is cherry picking and not at all concerned about defense.

If he was playing with the same effort defensively that he does on offense he would probably be averaging only 9 ppg.

[qoute]If he was playing with the same effort defensively that he does on offense he would probably be averaging only 9 ppg.

I'd rather have those extra 2-4 points than a couple of extra rebounds. More so right now when the hawks have NO scoring punch off the bench. Defense? I've already went over this. If Joe Johnson cared about defense he would average more than .9 steals in 41MPG. I'm more sad by his mediocre defense and zero ability to make anything happen on the defensive end. After all, he is getting 13 million a year.

Besides, as I said, 5RPG is plenty enough. I really don't give a damn if he only averages 2.7 defensive rebounds a game. As as 2/3 his job isn't to defensive rebound at a high rate. If it was Marvin, Smoove, or Al doing that I would have more of a problem. They're 6'10 guys that play the 3-5 spots. Chris Paul averages more? So what? Kidd likely averages more RPG than some of the star SG's. So what?

You almost act like offensive rebounding is no big deal. I mean you say you don't expect him to average 7RPG, but he averages 5 and you expect him to rebound more. Most people other than you seem to see that he is a very effective player.

Quote:

but he averages 5 and you expect him to rebound more.

It isn't that i expect him to rebound more, i just expect them to be distributed differently.

When Smith hustles back on D to get a block on the opponents fast break and Childress is nowhere in sight that is a problem. After all Smith is our power forward.

Quote:

Most people other than you seem to see that he is a very effective player.

He isn't effective at all on defense. He is a limited role player on offense that doesn't fit this team well at all.

He isn't effective at all on defense. He is a limited role player on offense that doesn't fit this team well at all.

Neither is Joe Johnson but you got that b@stard as your avatar. He is the one getting paid 12 million a year. Why aren't you worried about that?

Nobody on the Hawks is actually a good defensive player. Not even Smoove. He blocks shots, but that doesn't make you a good defensive player.

Who does fit this "team"?? I'd like to know who fits this team. This team can't play defense, can't rebound, can't take charges, lacks guys that can create their own shot. Just a few things. He would fit this team if it didn't have so many freakin weaknesses.

Who knows? He might be more effective on defense for a team that is actually freakin good instead of bottom of the barrel awful.

No offense to you, but I'm just fed up with the whole load of crap going on with this franchise right now.