• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tommy Hinson

NJHAWK

Big change once Bibby came back into the game. We are running tonight and the passes look crisp. Smoove with the big 3 after the big 3 by Bibby.

Kenny the Jet said something interesting the other night about how JJ tries to get too cute with his passes sometimes and I think that our whole team tries to do that and tonight we are doing a good job of avoiding that and are having a lot of success. I don't think there is any coincidence with that so let's hope we keep up the smart crisp passes.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Kenny the Jet said something interesting the other night about how JJ tries to get too cute with his passes sometimes and I think that our whole team tries to do that and tonight we are doing a good job of avoiding that and are having a lot of success.

LoL . . then JJ throws a lazy pass to Bibby in the backcourt, then has another turnover. But he made up for it with the 3 point play in the end.

It's so funny.

- he still took Marvin out first.

- he still took out JJ near the end of the 1st

- he still tried to protect guys after they picked up their 2nd foul by immeadiately getting them out of the game ( Marvin and Horford )

- he even took out most of the starters at the very end of the half, to prevent them from picking up a cheap foul.

So why no complaints about the sub patterns tonight?

Quote:

off of the opening tip? That looked like a play that was designed and practiced. Smoove looked like a jet rocketing to the rim like he did.

No waaaaaayyyy! The players came up with that on their own. No way Woody could possibly design a play like that.

Note: The Hawks are playing decent halfcourt offense as well.

Quote:

Tonight is as crisp as I have seen them play this year in the half court and that includes the 2nd unit. Salim looked great while he was in there and it's really nice seeing him play and especially play with confidence.

Oh well . . it was nice while it lasted.

Now the Woody bashers will cry about how the guys weren't ready to start the half, even though they started the quarter just right

Quote:

Quote:

Tonight is as crisp as I have seen them play this year in the half court and that includes the 2nd unit. Salim looked great while he was in there and it's really nice seeing him play and especially play with confidence.

Oh well . . it was nice while it lasted.

Now the Woody bashers will cry about how the guys weren't ready to start the half, even though they started the quarter just right

Not me. The Celtics are just coming out. The Hawks benefited from not having the Big 3 on the court together (or at all) for extended periods of time. Once they sit, the Hawks will have their chance. But until then, I doubt they're gonna make a run. The Celtics are too good with those 3 on the floor at the same time.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We would be fine if we could knock down the 3. Bibby and JJ are consistently missing it tonight. I will definitely be glad when the big 3 sit though.

Shooting under 40% as a team. Can't beat a top5 team when that's the case.

Quote:

But until then, I doubt they're gonna make a run. The Celtics are too good with those 3 on the floor at the same time.

Pierce is killing us right now.

Wow . . the Hawks were a stop from possibly tying the game until that last 3 by Pierce.

And see Hawks fans . . this is the value of Marvin AND Chill.

Marv had a good 1st half, Chill was invisible. Now Chill is playing well this half. Support both of these guys.