• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the best team in Basketball.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

Best Record = Best Team

Not necessarily.

A team could have been the best team in Nov and Dec (like Boston) but now are crappy and are crusing with a better record than a team who has gotten their stuff together.

Right now, Detroit is better than Boston but record doesn't say it.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Who is the best team in basketball and most likely to win it all!

I said the Lakers. It's scary how good they are now even without Bynum and he is slotted to return in roughly 3 weeks. He's also a guy that can come right in and contribute as he did most of his scoring off put backs and has such an impact defensively and with rebounding (despite his youth).

Gasol is one of those rare post option, highly efficient big men that you certainly don't pass on for what Memphis was asking. Our mistake.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Any reason Utah got shut out of this poll?

Well, actually, I took the top 6 teams in the West and the top 2 teams in the east in the first poll.

In the second poll, I just picked teams with Young players. While Utah has Deron Williams. They still have Okur, Ak47, but I guess they could still be consider young... They're like what 27?

Wow - I actually agreed with the majority on both eheheh.gif

Tough call on the Lakers as best team but had to pick them now that they have Gasol and it looks like he fit right in. Portland over the Hornets was tough too - quantity over quality in that case. That was looking more to the future though - if we're talking "right now" it's the Hornets.

Quote:

If I remember correctly the Jazz are one of the 5 youngest teams in the league, just slightly older than us. Pretty impressive feat that they have pulled off being so successful with such a young roster.

Yeah Dolfan, but the thing is...Jerry Sloan could probaly take the best of the graduating seniors from the SEC, throw in Deron and a couple NBDLers and win 30+ games (likely have a winning record at home too).

I still think Boston will be very hard to beat in the playoffs. I hate Pierce but he is tough in the clutch, as is Ray Allen. KG will be extremely motivated.

Portland plus Oden is definitely the cream of the crop young team. You hear talk that they want to upgrade at SF but I actually like their SF's as much as ours and that's considered our strength.