• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Petition to have Shareef's pic removed from site.

bumpyphish1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps what he fails to realize is that Shareef is the only guy from that era (that jersey) worthy of being up there except for JT and I'll be damned if I ever put him up there because he acted like a total punk when he left the team. At least Shareef was still classy when he left.

If it was up to me, I would put the '88 Hawks up there and be done with it. But I am old school. Shame that team had to run into that Celts' buzzsaw in the playoffs. If nothing else, it could remind us of happier times.

Edit: and Bob Petit!

Switching Reef out for Tree Rollins may be appropriate....He is the franchise leader in blocks.

Tree Rollins, Kevin Willis, And Mutombo may look good together considering they were all 7 footers.

Or it could be done by era (Mutombo, Smitty, Mookie) and (Wilkens, Rivers, Willis ).....Lets just skip (JT, Big Dog, Reef) era.

I would not mind seeing Lenny Wilkens, Hubie Brown, and Mike Fratello up there as the franchise's 3 best coaches in recent history.

I would personally rather see 6 more "Hawks Greats" then our 5 bench players as one of the threads.

The possibilities are endless. Have fun whith it whatever you decide to do.

Quote:

Was the '88 team:

Rivers / Webb

Theus

Wilkens

Willis

Malone

or

Rivers / Webb

Wittman / Battle

Wilkens / Livingston

Carr

Willis / Koncack

I can't remember what year Reggie Theus and Moses Malone were brought in.

Looks like it was the 88-89 team.

I found this site to be really cool for looking up old Hawks stats:

Hawks History

I think it would be funny to see one banner of a bunch of scrubs from way back when. Hanno, Drobnjak, Obinna, Hendu...you catch my drift. But it should be weighted about 1/20 so people don't get upset about seeing them all the time. I think it would be funny and also have people realize when they rip on JJ, Chill, Smoove, Marv, Z...that it could be worse.

I think what would be funny is if I create certain banners for certain people. Like Diesel would get an all Marvin banner, Walter would get an Shelden banner, Exodus would get an all Childress banner, you would get an all BK/Woody banner, etc. What do you think?

As to your suggestion, which I like, it's hard enough getting decent pics of the stars from back in the day, much less getting pics of scrubs LOL.

LOL, I think that is a great idea to give certain posters specialized banners. Hopefully its possible and somehow we could get a response out of people who get banners like you described.

He is hated on by some just like Joe would be if he were to be traded away. I could understand if Reef left as a FA that we were trying to re-sign but it's not like he could control being sent away. The trade for him was probably the busiest the Squawk has ever been at one time. I think it was Jay Walker that broke the news of the trade for him in the chat that night and many of us stayed online well past midnight chatting about it.