• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Childress needs to hit the road

exodus

• Premium Member

Quote:

Childress plays differently from every SF in the league. That is the problem.

Show me one SF in the league who comes off the bench and has the consistently negative effect on other players that Childress does.

There is no need for that. Simply because nobody is using that stat for any type of qualitative judgement.

Regular people watch the games.

In fact, when you watch the games, you can hear the broadcast personnel applauding Chillz.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

The basketball savvy of this site is going down fast if any of you actually co-sign this garbage. I can't believe that anyone who actually watches the games thinks that Chillz is hurting the team. The guy IS the bench and a potential 6th Man Of The Year. This ain't Boris Diaw that we're talking about here.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Show me one SF in the league who comes off the bench and has the consistently negative effect on other players that Childress does.

BTW,

I guess Danny Granger, Blatche, L. Aldridge, D. Wade, Haslem, Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Iguadala, MMilelr, RGay, and Jermaine Oneal must suck too.

Quote:

Defense is still a team activity.

When Chills leaks out it is a "rest of the team" activity.

Quote:

Yet you would have people believe that Chillz comes in and our defense goes to crap??

The numbers don't lie. We give up 5.6 more ppg when Childress is playing.

Everyone else has at least twice as many defensive rebounds as offensive rebounds. Not Chillz.

The numbers speak for themselves.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Chillz only leaks out when he plays top of the zone and the shot is in the air??

This is true for most basketball teams... It's taught in Elementary school. The fact that you are trying to suggest that this is bad basketball makes me really question your basketball knowledge.

Stick to the stats.

Quote:

Quote:

Show me one SF in the league
who comes off the bench
and has the consistently negative effect on other players that Childress does.

BTW,

I guess Danny Granger, Blatche, L. Aldridge, D. Wade, Haslem, Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Iguadala, MMilelr, RGay, and Jermaine Oneal must suck too.

Can you read? I guess not.

Let's try this again.

You are making the claim that Childress' results are adversely effected because he comes off the bench. So show me one SMALL FORWARD WHO COMES OFF THE BENCH that has a negative effect on the shooting percentages of the other players like Childress does.

You didn't provide any evidence that any of the above players hurt the shooting percentages of their teamates.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Chillz only leaks out when he plays top of the zone and the shot is in the air??

This is true for most basketball teams... It's taught in Elementary school. The fact that you are trying to suggest that this is bad basketball makes me really question your basketball knowledge.

Stick to the stats.

First of all we don't play zone very often, especially against good shooting teams.

And if what you say is true then surely JJ would be leaking out too. I guess he didn't get the memo.

We are one of the worst defensive rebounding teams in the league. we are undersized inside and that is why Childress should be hitting the boards on defense.

I am sure Jason Kidd plays at the top of a zone whenever they play Zone but that doesn't stop him from getting over 6 defensive rebounds per game.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Show me one SF in the league
who comes off the bench
and has the consistently negative effect on other players that Childress does.

BTW,

Can you read? I guess not.

Let's try this again.

You are making the claim that Childress' results are adversely effected because he comes off the bench. So show me one SMALL FORWARD WHO COMES OFF THE BENCH that has a negative effect on the shooting percentages of the other players like Childress does.

You didn't provide any evidence that any of the above players hurt the shooting percentages of their teamates.

A negative effect is a negative effect?

If a starter has a negative effect, isn't that worst than a bench player having a negative effect??

I've thrown out several starters who have negative effects..

My point is that this stat that you believe is so great and should be followed at all cost... MEANS DIDDLY SQUAT...

Quote:

If a starter has a negative effect, isn't that worst than a bench player having a negative effect??

You specifically said Childress' numbers were adversely effected because he came off the bench. So have you now abandoned that argument?

You didn't show anything. What do grangers teamates shoot from the field when he is playing? What do JO's teamates shoot from the field when he is playing?

*crickets*

Quote:

I would reserve judgement until I actually see one play actually ran for Childress.

Sure they could run a play for Childress to shoot a jumper off a screen.....NOT.

Or they could run a play for Childress to post up someone other than a 6 foot pg....NOT.

You can't run plays for a guy who can't get a shot off.

I think Childress is fine as a bench player, but I wonder if having another shooter (i.e., Bibby) on the floor helps balance things out with Childress in the lineup with the rest of the starters.

They key is the Hawks, like just about every other team, need two shooters on the perimeter in the game to maintain proper spacing. With JJ and Bibby maybe that helps the spacing enough to allow Childress to collect the garbage - which he does well.

Quote:

I think Childress is fine as a bench player, but I wonder if having another shooter (i.e., Bibby) on the floor helps balance things out with Childress in the lineup with the rest of the starters.

They key is the Hawks, like just about every other team, need two shooters on the perimeter in the game to maintain proper spacing. With JJ and Bibby maybe that helps the spacing enough to allow Childress to collect the garbage - which he does well.

Bibby and JJ can't be both on the floor all the time. And they both wont be shooting well all the time. Most teams have several guys who are consistent perimeter threats.

Quote:

Quote:

Bibby and JJ can't be both on the floor all the time. And they both wont be shooting well all the time. Most teams have several guys who are consistent perimeter threats.

Agreed. Problem is Marvin hasn't been shooting well for the past month so that limits the teams options.

• Premium Member

Certainly, one of Marvin Childress and Josh Williams needs to go. I'll give you two good reasons:

1. 22 yo - 17.6, 8.1, 3.6, 3.1

2. 22 yo - 9.6, 10.0

^^^The Hawks need to assemble complimentary pieces around those two players, since both should and likely will be here for another three seasons.

You need a defensive big man and another true shooter on the wing, skills neither Childress nor Williams offer at the moment.

Quote:

Problem is Marvin hasn't been shooting well for the past month so that limits the teams options.

I am not a fan of Marvin either. he has shown no inclination to shoot 3s and his midrange shot is inconsistent.

however at times he has shown the ability to hit perimeter shots with regularity to keep the defense honest. Childress will never be able to do that because of his release.

Quote:

Quote:

You specifically said Childress' numbers were adversely effected because he came off the bench. So have you now abandoned that argument?

You didn't show anything. What do grangers teamates shoot from the field when he is playing? What do JO's teamates shoot from the field when he is playing?

*crickets*

Blatche comes off the bench and he gave you that guy as an example. There is also Matt Carroll (who many on this site have wanted), Sefolosha, Ira Newble, Quinton Ross, Al Thornton, Warrick, Bobby Simmons...I am not exactly sure why you wanted people to show you SFs coming off the bench that have across the board a negative effect on the players. And I could have continued the list but I stopped at Milwaukee when looking at teams.

I still don't see this connection between individual players shooting bad and our whole team being adversely affected by Childress when he is on the court as opposed to off the court.

Quote:

Blatche comes off the bench and he gave you that guy as an example. There is also Matt Carroll (who many on this site have wanted), Sefolosha, Ira Newble, Quinton Ross, Al Thornton, Warrick, Bobby Simmons...I am not exactly sure why you wanted people to show you SFs coming off the bench that have across the board a negative effect on the players.

I dont understand why this is so complicated.

I showed clearly that Childress has a negative effect on the shooting percentages of several key players. Diesel made the argument that it is because Childress comes off the bench. So i asked for someone to show me another small forward that has a similar effect on the shooting percentages of his teamates.

So far nobody has shown another player that hurts the shooting percentages of other players.

Blatch doesn't even play the 3.

What do their teamates shoot from the field when Ross, Thorton, etc are in the game?

*crickets*

You might as well make your signature just "*crickets*" because that is your close with every post. I am not going to waste my time to show shooting percentages but I imagine that because of a total negative impact across the board for all the players I mentioned, at least one of them has a negative impact similar to what Childress has.

Again, for the third time, I will reiterrate that your argument does not establish that he hurts the team, rather it only shows that he hurts the shooting percentages of certain teammates. If you could show that Childress adversely affects the team when he is on the court then you have an argument. I don't see why everyone is up in arms about an argument about shooting percentages, basketball isn't played standing still shooting jumpers there are more aspects to the game that you could quantify and make an actual argument against Childress with.