• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

And yet, the Hawks are still in this thing.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

New Jersey and Chicago getting whooped tonight.

New Jersey --> 26-36 (at Dallas)

Chicago --> 25-37 (at Detroit)

Atlanta --> 24-36 (vs. Miami x2)

Indiana --> 24-38 (at Cleveland)

49 minutes of good basketball vs. a tanking Heat team and the Hawks could be in 8th place going into Monday.

Absolutely absurd how bad the 8th seed in the East is going to be.

• Premium Member

Quote:

49 minutes of good basketball vs. a tanking Heat team and the Hawks could be in 8th place going into Monday.

IT'S OVER..

We will soon be overtaken by Charlotte and Chicago will hold us off. We can't win on the road and we can't beat good teams at home. AND our players have quit...

IT'S OVER..

You're both right. It's crazy that the Hawks still have a life at all. This team is the

most dead group of players I have ever seen.

Yet, there they are - - - Still in the race! Losing every game, still "Right there" in the east.

But, I agree with Diesel. It's over.

Quote:

Any self respecting fan at this point wants no part of the playoffs. For one thing, the idiot ownership would conclude we are on the right track and bring the brilliant coach and GM back for 3 more years.

Agree and disagree. I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to give the Suns a lottery pick.

• Premium Member

TP, I'm holding out hope that the ownership simply wanted to wait until the offseason to fire Woodson, in which case some playoff experience would be good for this young team.

Then again, I'm a Hawks' fan - a phrase synonymous with idiocy.

J Smoove, JJ and Bibby were a JOKE on D tonight. They didn't even TRY to defend.

Smoove was content to let Dudley or whomever take uncontested J's all night and he didn't block out all night either. When he let his man get the rebound off the missed FT without even attempting to block him out, I almost turned the TV off.

JJ didn't get back in transition all night and he just kind of lollygagged when getting out on the shooter. He wasn't as obvious as Smoove with his quitting but he damn sure wasn't giving it his all on D.

As for Bibby, I knew Bibby was a horrible defender before he got here and I know his heel is hurt but DAMN he is useless on D. I don't think he wasn't trying, I think his D is just that bad.

I thought Horford, Marvin, Chillz and even Zaza gave good effort but with our ywo so-called best players not giving much effort, it sapped energy out of everyone.

The Hawks couldn't PAY me to go to Philips tomorrow night.

LOL . . that's incredible. the first team to 33 wins, will probably get that 8th seed.

Even Jon Barry was just talking about how bad the East is. He's the color commentator on the Bulls - Celtics game. After questioning the effort of the Bulls, he mentions the fact that Atlanta and Toronto dropped another game, he says . . "you just can't figure out the Eastern Conference."

Lil Gearon and Bruce Wayne need to talk with the players ONLY tomorrow. Talk to them individually first, then talk to them as a group. Then you fire Woody and BK, since Gearon wants to run the team anyway. Hell, might as well make him the coach too. Be an owner/GM/coach.

The prroblem with this team, is that they have no identity and no swagger to them. They want to play fast, but can't do it efficently. They want to play defense, but have lost that commitment to play it all the time. And Woody doesn't have a solution to make this team better.

They still have a chance mathematically...but mentally it's over. The team's quit, the owners are idiots, the coach is a dummy, and the GM's a figure head. I want the Hawks to make the playoffs, but I'm starting to think that missing the playoffs for one more year would be better, because hopefully it'll bring change.

I doubt it. This is just a bad situation right now, and losing to the freakin' Bobcats in that fashion doesn't help either.

Quote:

22322.gif