• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Houston released Gerald Green

capstone21

• Admin

He lit us up from 3 last year when he played for the Celtics

We should pick him up. He could potentially be our backup sg. With the right chance this kid might be a real find. He was supposed to be a star but never lived up to expectations. It does not mean he couldn't play a solid role for us off the bench.

We should grab him and go after Dale Davis. A tough guy who can bang and rebound. He is also a veteran who can provide some leadership for our young guys.

That would round out our roster pretty good if you ask me.

The guy has talent out his wazoo, but he is completely uncoachable. At this point, he's really no better than Jeremy Richardson is, and I'd rather have Richardson right now because he will at least put forth an effort to defend.

If Mike would just do it, he could use Salim Stoudamire at the shooting guard position to give Joe a breather. We lose something on defense, but Salim is a solid shooter that can play a role on this team. Instead, Mike tries to make him into a point guard, and Salim simply isn't a point guard.

I understand that, but the thing is, unless Mike is using Salim as a point guard, he isn't using him. Salim can play a role on this team. This team needs all the scoring punch it can get off the bench, and while Salim may be a volume shooter, he's a guy that can come in and score 6 points in a 3 minute span while giving Joe a breather.

Quote:

I understand that, but the thing is, unless Mike is using Salim as a point guard, he isn't using him. Salim can play a role on this team. This team needs all the scoring punch it can get off the bench, and while Salim may be a volume shooter, he's a guy that can come in and score 6 points in a 3 minute span while giving Joe a breather.

I would tend to agree with you here. One of the criticisms of Salim (even by myself) is that he can come in and keep shooting. Well if you think about it, he would come in for Joe Johnson, who actually is a bit of ball hog himself sometimes (albeit an allstar level one).

The question is How do you play Salim at SG and Bibby at PG on defense? Both guys will just get posted up again and again. Neither play D, and Salim, at 6'0", always plays the PG on D since he is so small. Until Law is back, Salim can't play SG, which is the crux of the problem.