• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SHould the Hawks trade Bibby in the offseason?

Plainview1981

One good thing about the trade is that if Bibby continues to struggle like he has the last several games his contract should be of value for a trade in the offseason. The question is who would be willing to give up an impact player for his contract in the offseason? So far I haven't seen enough to say that he is a keeper.

• Premium Member

Quote:

One good thing about the trade is that if Bibby continues to struggle like he has the last several games his contract should be of value for a trade in the offseason. The question is who would be willing to give up an impact player for his contract in the offseason? So far I haven't seen enough to say that he is a keeper.

Not in the offseason.

You wait until he's fully healthy, and make your mind up in February of next year.

NO

The Hawks can't keep messing around every year. It's already been said that Bibby is always hurt and this makes like the second year in a row that he has missed a bunch of games. Since he is going to be 31 by the end of next year there is no reason to believe that will change.

Fans were all excited over Bibby because its been so long since we have had a real PG. The truth is that Bibby is a TERRIBLE defender. And he is not the traditional distributor.

He will have value though. And if we can trade him for a 1st within the top 15 then I would do it.

Hopefully, we will have a real GM in here next year who can get us a well rounded PG. Rondo would be looking real good about now, a guy who defends his ass off and runs the team. Bibby is a borderline chucker who can't stop anybody off the dribble.

It had been so long since we had any type of PG we all jumped the gun.

The disturbing thing about Bibby to me so far is all the ridiculous turnovers. I mean he has made some turnovers that were worse than anything i have seen Acie do all year.

I still believe Acie will end up being the best fit at the point. If he can learn to shoot those shots inside high off the glass the way Baron did the other night and start hitting some jumpers he will be fine. He takes good care of the ball, breaks down the defense and actually plays D.

I think alot of the turnovers is due to poor offensive gameplan. Everybody that plays for the Hawks seems to turn into a turnover machine. Atleast it feels that way. I knew he wasn't a good defensive player, but he's not nowhere near the shooter he used to be. Perhaps it was Webber and Vlade that made him look better than he was.

The thing I like about the Bibby move is signing him for two years hints at Acie Law being able to take over the reigns in the future.

We have to hope Acie shows signs of being our future PG more than anything. Im not worried about the Bibby slump. He's hurt right now and even now he's better than what we had

I even like Salim off the bench more than what we had

Quote:

Like I said in another thread, I think the solution is to bring Bibby off the bench, and let Acie start. That way, Bibby can concentrate more on being a scorer, and worry less about trying to make all the plays. Most important, Acie is far and away the better defender. So he probably does need to start each half. Let Bibby play the 1 and the 2, like Cassell did in LA and like JT used to do in Dallas.

Quote:

Quote:

Like I said in another thread, I think the solution is to bring Bibby off the bench, and let Acie start. That way, Bibby can concentrate more on being a scorer, and worry less about trying to make all the plays. Most important, Acie is far and away the better defender. So he probably does need to start each half. Let Bibby play the 1 and the 2, like Cassell did in LA and like JT used to do in Dallas.

Right on, but we are dealing with Woody here.

Quote:

I think alot of the turnovers is due to poor offensive gameplan. Everybody that plays for the Hawks seems to turn into a turnover machine. Atleast it feels that way. I knew he wasn't a good defensive player, but he's not nowhere near the shooter he used to be. Perhaps it was Webber and Vlade that made him look better than he was.

nah,since he got here he's been throwing up one armed heaves across the court that are really dangerous.

Who would we get to replace Bibby at Pointguard if he is traded? Acie hasn't shown he is ready to take over the starting postion, heck it doesn't look like he is in a hurry to play again this season. I have been disturbed by all of those open shots that Bibby has been missing but hopefully by the time the playoffs are ready to start his ankle will be completely healed and he will have found his stroke again.

There is no way in hell I trade Acie unless I get a veteran PG of equal value or I have seen Acie actually start and lead the franchise for an established period of time. It has taken us a decade to get something that resembles an NBA-caliber starting PG, I'm not trading it unless I have a definite replacement, regardless of his flaws.

That's the thing. Bibby isn't very good now. He used to be a fairly explosive scorer and shooter, but like the Kingsfan said on insidehoops, he is mainly just a spot up shooter now and he has lost his shooting ability the last few years. But like I pointed out, his shooting percentage has went down 5 seasons in a row.

Wow, I really think people think we should have a top 3 point guard. Reality tells you that there are not enough perfect allstar point guards to go around for everyone. Bibby is definitely good enough to be a starting point guard for a playoff team. Remember his early days in Sacramento?

He's not a good defender, but he's better than what we had. And if in a game it starts becoming an issue, Acie can come in and defend for awhile

He's not a distributing point guard. He sure as hell as been distributing the ball pretty damn well since he's been a Hawk I can see that. Actually better than I thought. If he didnt have to go out because of the heel and could play more minutes, his assists numbers would even be higher than they are now. How can anyone not see this?

He a shooter. Something this need dearly needs.

Why are we still talking about issues that have nothing to do with our poor play? We suck because of a lack of defense, poor coaching, and players not playing hard in spurts.

So honestly other than being weak on defense (but not as weak as we have had and is servicable) he is really has a perfect skill set for Atlanta

Remember his early days in Sacramento?

That has nothing to do with now. Moreover, those percentages started to drop off when Webber and Vlade were no longer there.

He's not a good defender, but he's better than what we had

He is no better on defense than Anthony Johnson. The Hawks have gave up 100 points in almost every single game since he has been a Hawk. In fact, had it not been for one really bad period last night the Heat would have scored 100 points also.

He a shooter. Something this need dearly needs.

He was a shooter. But he is not very good at it anymore. He shot 40% last year and is looking to be worse this year.