• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why the ---- haven't we signed another big yet?!!!

LongTimeHawksFan

I am just completely baffled. They just cannot compete without another center on this team. I mean look at what happened tonight. Solomon just isn't ready to contribute yet. If he could add another 15 pounds of muscle he would probably be a little better but until then we need someone else.......even a seven footer from the d-league would help out. I just can't understand what the hell is wrong with BK and/or the owners that they cannot see that they need another center on the roster. I mean can people possibly be that clueless????

i agree 100%. especially if they are aiming for the playoffs. to even compete with the Celts they would need to add another decent big that can bang inside. How about Jackie Butler, who used to play for the Knicks Rockets and Spurs not so long ago? he is a FA now and showed some signs of being a good role playing big man in the league. I think he can maybe even take Zaza Pachulia's minutes on this team. Only if management would read this lol what yal think bout that?? I think he would be a good addition honestly..he's tough and is a wide body too

Has anyone else noticed that the weight Solomon is gaining is in his ass? His arms and legs are as skinny as ever but his but and midsection seem to be growing. I am thinking the guy will never develop like they want. It's not like he is a 7 footer. The guys is nothing special.

As far as I know there isn't anyone as good as Solo out there and he barely gets (or deserves) any PT as it is. I'm still hoping the Kings will cut Lo so that we can sign him because we miss him more than anyone realized. If we could get him back and get Acie healthy it would solve a lot of our defensive problems.

Quote:

As far as I know there isn't anyone as good as Solo out there and he barely gets (or deserves) any PT as it is. I'm still hoping the Kings will cut Lo so that we can sign him because we miss him more than anyone realized. If we could get him back and get Acie healthy it would solve a lot of our defensive problems.

Please, Lorenzen Wright is not the answer to any of the Hawks defensive problems. They guy barely played, and when he did, he was essentially awful.

The Hawks defensive problems all stem from the fact that none of the players seem to want to play any defense.

in the year, in case you have forgotten. He languished on the bench after that for quite some time but when he got to play he was physical on D and made a difference. I am not saying he is the answer but when the team is hurting so badly for depth anyone that can even remotely play D Lo would be a blessing.

Quote:

in the year, in case you have forgotten. He languished on the bench after that for quite some time but when he got to play he was physical on D and made a difference. I am not saying he is the answer but when the team is hurting so badly for depth anyone that can even remotely play D Lo would be a blessing.

The fact that the GM left the Hawks bench bereft of talent does not mean that Lo is a difference maker. Sure he can play good in a few games a year, but so can any 12th man on the end of any NBA bench.

As far as I am concerned Lo Wright was a disappointment in both stints with the Hawks, so I see no reason why the organization would want to give him a 3rd opportunity to perform poorly.

Quote:

Nobody is arguing against that, however he is better than anything else out there that we can get for the remainder of the season. Do you not believe that?

I find it hard to believe that there is no one better available. Besides, if the rest of the team has stopped playing defense then there is no point in bringing back Lo now.

Then let me ask again, who is available that you would sign?

I think that having an adequate backup to Al that can play defense like Lo and getting our best defensive PG Acie back healthy would do wonders. Right now I see it as either our players have given up or they are simply exhausted from playing too many minutes. Maybe a combo of both.

Quote:

Then let me ask again, who is available that you would sign?

I think that having an adequate backup to Al that can play defense like Lo and getting our best defensive PG Acie back healthy would do wonders. Right now I see it as either our players have given up or they are simply exhausted from playing too many minutes. Maybe a combo of both.

Forget about signing someone. No veteran with pride would sign with this organization now. Veterans want a shot at a title, not at an 8th seed.