• Raised $390 of $700 target

Houston vs. Atlanta game thread

oiatlhawksfan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....The guy gets underrated because he doesn't have the prototypical size for the position, but when he plays, all he does is rebound, defend, and score.

We, as fans, don't appreciate players like Chuck Hayes and Shane Battier enough. The Hawks would be ten games better right now if they had a couple of role players that would just play their role and rebound, defend, or do whatever.

I also think the Hawks have a coach that has not done a good job of defining the roles for his team.

Those guys were taken in different drafts. DerMarr was picked in 2000. Shane was picked in 2001.

The debate would have been Shane Battier versus Pau Gasol had the Hawks kept the #3 pick that year. I believe Pete would have drafted Shane Battier, and it would have actually been a good decision.

I remember when Chuck was at Kentucky and was the best player on that team. Every time I would watch Kentucky back then, I'd always come back impressed with Chuck Hayes. This is a guy that they tried to make a tight end in the NFL.

It really shows you what is wrong with scouting in the NBA. Too many scouts try to find reasons to downgrade a player that has stuck around and performed well. Guys like Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry, Paul Millsap, and Ryan Gomes....these guys proved they could play at the college level, yet were completely overlooked by the NBA scouts because they aren't the prototypes.