• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where are all the JJ bashers BEEN lately

NJHAWK

All it took was getting a respected primary ball handler and threat as a shooter to get him one on one looks instead of constant double and triple teams. It looks like he has finally gotten healthy as well. It also looks like Acie is starting to get his game back and that's the big key for us to finish the season. Maybe he was waiting for NCAA Tourney Time? LOL

• Premium Member

Quote:

All it took was getting a respected primary ball handler and threat as a shooter to get him one on one looks instead of constant double and triple teams. It looks like he has finally gotten healthy as well. It also looks like Acie is starting to get his game back and that's the big key for us to finish the season. Maybe he was waiting for NCAA Tourney Time? LOL

If Acie gives us solid production (and playing time!) from the back up PG spot it will be huge.

Quote:

Bashing Marvin.

I was a JJ basher but this week he has really tried to take over, the way I love to see him play. That is what made me pissed off at JJ. I know when he plays with heart he can clearly be a top 10 player in the league. He is the only player in the NBA that can make 30ft jumpers anytime he want. This is why I'm always yelling once we are down... "JJ SHOOT IT AS SOON AS YOU GET PAST HALF COURT!"

He said right before the Miami game, "It's time for everyone to step up their game." DAMN, HE REALLY HAS DONE THAT TOO!

I think if you go back and read the posts there were very few JJ bashers, and mostly people saying he had played like crap this year as compared to how awesome he was for 2 years, and that we suspected it was mostly over frustration dealing with the inept management and coaching. And now that he finally appears to be back, this only makes my point. THIS is the real JJ. He was MIA for most of the season. I'm glad to have him back.

Nobody questioned if he has all-star talent. He did not play like an all-star in the first half.

I bashed him and with good reason.

He cried and whined from jump 'bout needing help.

Guys around him has to think Joe felt them "under par".

That is not leadership, it is divisive.

On the court he was punked several times by Roy, ALL of Boston, Redd, The Nets and others.

If you have a problem with the coach and/or management you can choose to speak privately (which is better) or publicly. But, you need to be busting your butt and backing up with your play.

It is good to see him step it up.

It has been needed and if he had played on his expected level the team would be at the 6th seed, at least.

Marvin, Zaza and Acie are disappointing. they need to grab their balls too.

I don't undersatand the JJ bashers, except there comparing him to Lebron or Kobe. He is not at there level consistently, but some nights he is at there level. He is comparable to Wade or McGrady. I've been diasppointed with Marvin's development this year. I think he will continue to inprove, but we need to trade him for another small forward or center.

• Premium Member

Joe has been a beast since the break. He is averaging 23.4 with 5.8 assists per game. He is also shooting 47.6 from the field, and an impressive 51.2 from three! Let's hope he can keep it up, and other players can follow his lead.

Quote:

I bashed him and with good reason.

He cried and whined from jump 'bout needing help.

Guys around him has to think Joe felt them "under par".

That is not leadership, it is divisive.

On the court he was punked several times by Roy, ALL of Boston, Redd, The Nets and others.

If you have a problem with the coach and/or management you can choose to speak privately (which is better) or publicly. But, you need to be busting your butt and backing up with your play.

It is good to see him step it up.

It has been needed and if he had played on his expected level the team would be at the 6th seed, at least.

Marvin, Zaza and Acie are disappointing. they need to grab their balls too.

LOL . . everything that JJ said at the beginning of the season was the ABSOLUTE TRUTH !!!

He did the exact same thing that Kobe and PaUl Pierce did. If this organization would've pulled the trigger on a deal involving our expiring contracts to get an established good veteran player sooner, we might be in a much better situation than we're in right now. It should be obvious now that he was exactly right.

The problem with some of you guys, is that you expect JJ to play like a megastar every night. He hasn't been playing like an all-star the past few weeks, he's playing like an MVP candidate. With Bibby here, he doesn't have to work nearly as hard every night, and can just do what he does best.

He doesn't have the athleticism to carry a team like a Wade, Kobe or a LeBron does. He needed some help with the ballhandling, so that he can get in position to get good looks at the hoop. It's a luxury to him to have a Bibby-like PG that can find him anywhere on the court.

Speaking privately to Woody and the ASG, so that you can get them to make a move? LOL . . you forget that we don't have the typical management group here.

The first two months of the season JJ shot 31.5% from 3. A lot of people went into panic mode saying that he couldn't shoot or was dogging it or whatever.

They were neglecting the fact that JJ is a proven shooter and shooting comes and goes. That is just the nature of the game. I still believe JJ was struggling with his calf though.

Since January 1 JJ is shooting 44.5% from 3. Now his season average is 38.4%.

Quote:

The first two months of the season JJ shot 31.5% from 3. A lot of people went into panic mode saying that he couldn't shoot or was dogging it or whatever.

They were neglecting the fact that JJ is a proven shooter and shooting comes and goes. That is just the nature of the game. I still believe JJ was struggling with his calf though.

Since January 1 JJ is shooting 44.5% from 3. Now his season average is 38.4%.

The main difference from last year to this year, is that JJ is not scoring on his signature

move anymore.Last year JJ was automatic on that one-on-one jumpshot, and shot 52% from 2pt range.

The calf in the beginning of the year and then that hip injury for about 2 months from december until february was another big part of why he has struggled at times. If he can't use his quick first step to get by the defender then he has a hard time getting into position for his shot in the lane. Not to mention he has been doubled a lot more this year, until Bibby got here, and that was hurting him because he seems to be slow at deciding what to do when he gets doubled.

It was nice to see he and Bibby playing the 2 man game the other night when either of them were doubled. If they are both knocking it down from 3 at the same time it will force other teams to play us straight up and our athletes should be able to protect the ball a little better and get to the hole a little easier.