• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

17games left how many will we take??

Blunt91

Looking at the schedule there are 17games left in the season. IMO I see the Hawks winning 10 out of 17 to close the season. Yeah we have teams like newyork on theschedule but we won't sweep them this season, I think they take at least 1game from us, but I do think we can & need to steal 1 of the 2 remaining games from the Orlando Magic. It's time for the Hawks to become some soldiers and go to war out their on the court!!!

Quote:

Looking at the schedule there are 17games left in the season. IMO I see the Hawks winning 10 out of 17 to close the season. Yeah we have teams like newyork on theschedule but we won't sweep them this season, I think they take at least 1game from us, but I do think we can & need to steal 1 of the 2 remaining games from the Orlando Magic. It's time for the Hawks to become some soldiers and go to war out their on the court!!!

Considering how many wide open threes we gave the magic last time, I'm not too confident about stealing a win against them. You can't leave good shooters wide open all night and expect good things to happen.

Sun 16 @ New York W

Mon 17 @ Washington L

Wed 19 @ New Jersey L

Sat 22 vs Orlando L

Tue 25 @ Chicago L

Wed 26 vs Milwaukee W

Fri 28 vs Chicago W

Sun 30 vs New York W

Mon 31 @ Memphis W

Wed 02 vs Toronto L

Fri 04 vs Philadelphia W

Sat 05 @ Philadelphia L

Tue 08 @ Indiana L

Fri 11 @ New York L

Sat 12 vs Boston L

Tue 15 vs Orlando W

Wed 16 @ Miami W

3-6 on the road

5-3 at home

8-9 overall

A pathetic 35 wins.

Quote:

Sun 16 @ New York W

Mon 17 @ Washington L

Wed 19 @ New Jersey L

Sat 22 vs Orlando L

Tue 25 @ Chicago L

Wed 26 vs Milwaukee W

Fri 28 vs Chicago W

Sun 30 vs New York W

Mon 31 @ Memphis W

Wed 02 vs Toronto L

Fri 04 vs Philadelphia W

Sat 05 @ Philadelphia L

Tue 08 @ Indiana L

Fri 11 @ New York L

Sat 12 vs Boston L

Tue 15 vs Orlando W

Wed 16 @ Miami W

3-6 on the road

5-3 at home

8-9 overall

A pathetic 35 wins.

I think it's pretty freaking pessimistic to suggest we will lose 4 out of our next 5 games.

Quote:

I think it's pretty freaking pessimistic to suggest we will lose 4 out of our next 5 games.

Four of them are on the road, and the other is against the division leader that made us look like little girls a week ago.

Post your guess. I've been pretty spot on on guessing our various stretches throughout the season.

Let me guess, the team that's barely won 40% of its games all season is suddenly going to win 60% or so?

Quote:

Quote:

Sun 16 @ New York W

Mon 17 @ Washington L

Wed 19 @ New Jersey L

Sat 22 vs Orlando L

Tue 25 @ Chicago L

Wed 26 vs Milwaukee W

Fri 28 vs Chicago W

Sun 30 vs New York W

Mon 31 @ Memphis W

Wed 02 vs Toronto L

Fri 04 vs Philadelphia W

Sat 05 @ Philadelphia L

Tue 08 @ Indiana L

Fri 11 @ New York L

Sat 12 vs Boston L

Tue 15 vs Orlando W

Wed 16 @ Miami W

3-6 on the road

5-3 at home

8-9 overall

A pathetic 35 wins.

You're right. It is pessimistic. But we've only . . . OH MY GOD WHAT A SHOT BY THE KID AT GEORGIA!!!! A turnaround fadeaway jumper from 3?

UGA up by 1 with a second left.

As I was saying . . but we've only won 2 of our last 8 games. It might be more realistic than pessimistic. I just want them to beat Chicago twice, Philly twice, and Jersey once, if we only won 8 or 9 of these games. That would at least give us a chance to sneak in.

We have a more than decent shot to win 10 though.

LOL @ sorry azz Georgia in the semifinals tonight.

I do think that we could actually close the season with a 5 game win streak, if Boston and Orlando have nothng to play for, as far as seeding goes. Then, you have to figure that Miami, New York, and possibly Indiana would just want to get the season over with at that point. They may shut a few people down for the year or let the younger guys that haven't played much, get decent playing time.

Quote:

I believe we win 12 of 17. We have an opportunity to win the next 9 regardless of where we play. All of the next 9 games are winnable.

I want some of the kool-aid you guys are drinking. You do remember who our coach is right? What is dramatically going to change in the next 17 games? We've won .333 in our last 15 games. That's one win for every two losses. I'll be shocked if we reach Lascar's 35 win total. Even that might not be enough to get us in the playoffs. Don't fool yourselves - this team still sucks major balls.

I think we win the next 3 games. We take out I think that Bibby will help us against Washington and Chi town. We usually own Orlando but they were making a "respect" statement during the last game.

Therefore

Sun 16 @ New York W

Mon 17 @ Washington W

Wed 19 @ New Jersey W

Sat 22 vs Orlando W

Tue 25 @ Chicago L

Wed 26 vs Milwaukee W

Fri 28 vs Chicago W

Sun 30 vs New York W

Mon 31 @ Memphis L

Wed 02 vs Toronto L

Fri 04 vs Philadelphia W

Sat 05 @ Philadelphia L

Tue 08 @ Indiana W

Fri 11 @ New York W

Sat 12 vs Boston L

Tue 15 vs Orlando W

Wed 16 @ Miami W

Quote:

Quote:

I believe we win 12 of 17. We have an opportunity to win the next 9 regardless of where we play. All of the next 9 games are winnable.

I want some of the kool-aid you guys are drinking. You do remember who our coach is right? What is dramatically going to change in the next 17 games? We've won .333 in our last 15 games. That's one win for every two losses. I'll be shocked if we reach Lascar's 35 win total. Even that might not be enough to get us in the playoffs. Don't fool yourselves - this team still sucks major balls.

Why are bringing reality into this, Crawdaddy? lol!

I said we would suck last year. Got railed on. I said at the end of the year that we would suck again this year. Got railed on. No one wants to believe bad news.

I think the Clips W gave us some confidence. Unfortunately, rather than using confidence to propel us to some victories, I think it convinces people like Josh Smith & Mike Woodson to keep making the same mistakes.

That being said, Bibby & Acie looked healthier and we [JJ] should be well-rested compared to the last few weeks. I think we take care of the Knicks but not the Wiz on a back-to-back with Caron Butler back. The Nets are just better than us with Devin Harris starting to gel and we're on the road...

Sun 16 @ New York W

Mon 17 @ Washington L

Wed 19 @ New Jersey L

Sat 22 vs Orlando L

Tue 25 @ Chicago W

Wed 26 vs Milwaukee W

Fri 28 vs Chicago W

Sun 30 vs New York W

Mon 31 @ Memphis W

Wed 02 vs Toronto L

Fri 04 vs Philadelphia W

Sat 05 @ Philadelphia L

Tue 08 @ Indiana W

Fri 11 @ New York W

Sat 12 vs Boston L

Tue 15 vs Orlando L

Wed 16 @ Miami W

That puts us at 10-7 over the next 17... with 2 losses to ORL, and road wins against MIA, IND, NY, MEM, & CHI. If we can't beat those teams we don't deserve to make it to the playoffs. Who am I kidding: we don't deserve to make it at all, but someone has to go.

I'm not sure if 37-45 puts us in the top8. I think it's obvious that the Sixers & Nets are better "teams" than the Hawks, but the schedule works in our favor so we could get lucky...

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

...but most are just plain insane. Maybe if they continue to project 42 wins over the next 10 seasons we'll finally reach it (like we haven't over nearly the last 10). Maybe our talent really is contention caliber even though not a single statistic suggests it's even top 10 caliber and marginally top 15 or top 20 caliber. I will be surprised if we win 35 games this year as well but only a little. I picked 34 at the season's start and that's where I stand. 7-10 for the last 17.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

When was the last time the Hawks won 12 of 17?

grimace.gifWe did it THIS YEAR!

The league could not believe it so they made us redo the last 51 sec. of the Mia. game. LOL

Code:

Nov 21 @ Miami W 82-79

Nov 24 @ Minnesota W 94-87

Nov 27 @ Chicago L 78-90

Nov 28 Milwaukee W 96-80

Nov 30 New Orleans L 86-92

Dec 3 @ Philadelphia W 88-79

Dec 4 Detroit L 95-106

Dec 6 Minnesota W 90-89

Dec 8 Memphis W 86-78

Dec 10 @ Orlando W 98-87

Dec 11 Toronto L 88-100