• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks vs Knicks game thread

JackB1

It's amazing to see how quick we can go from looking like a playoff contender that finishes off bad teams to looking like a bad team ourselves. Now instead of Bibby and JJ getting much needed rest they have to come back in and try to save this win for us.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like Jeff Van Gundy said today, you can't ask a player to play on the edge all the time and expect them to not go over the edge every once in a while. I think that's what happens with Smoove sometimes, especially since he was probably more mad at himself for making a stupid play than he was for being benched.

Quote:

It's like Jeff Van Gundy said today, you can't ask a player to play on the edge all the time and expect them to not go over the edge every once in a while. I think that's what happens with Smoove sometimes, especially since he was probably more mad at himself for making a stupid play than he was for being benched.

And playing on the edge..is what Smoove does. You can't take those 2 charges he took, and not be.

He was up and down. Made a few mistakes but made a few nice plays defensively. He is still have trouble finishing once he gets into the lane. It's just going to take him a while to get his confidence back again but he is still getting into the lane pretty much at will.

Quote:

This 4th quarter is what we need to see Every second of everygame this is the swarming defense im talking about. when a shot goes up in the paint not only is the offensive players man in his fast but the closest help man has a hand in there too, and for the first time all game we all RAN on the fastbreak not jogged on the fast break, we sprinted

That is because Bibby sat down right before the 4th quarter. He was killing the hawks defense. he would get beat every time and the hawks would be forced to cover for him.

Nate was having his way with him that's for sure. Bibby is not this bad defensively and I hope he gets back to being the average defender that he is soon, otherwise Acie better be ready to step his offensive game up because he is far and away our best defensive small guard.

Quote:

Nate was having his way with him that's for sure. Bibby is not this bad defensively and I hope he gets back to being the average defender that he is soon, otherwise Acie better be ready to step his offensive game up because he is far and away our best defensive small guard.

It would be hard to believe any 10 year NBA vet could be as bad defensively as Bibby has been lately. He must be hurt really badly. He looks like he can barely move out there.

I am not sure why Woodson even plays him against bottom feeder teams like the clips and knicks when the Hawks should be able to win going away without him. The Knicks absolutely mailed it in tonight.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Bibby is not this bad defensively and I hope he gets back to being the average defender that he is soon,

I have been saying it since before we even traded for Bibby, he SUCKS on defense. He's always sucked on defense, but for some reason people here think he was an average defender, he's not. That said, I think he can really help our team if he can make the open jumpers and limit the TO's, his passing has already really helped.