• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

devin harris left the nets game with an ankle...

flava

Questionable...in a lot of ways

By FRED KERBER

Questionable is the latest medical status for both Devin Harris and his sprained right ankle and Nenad KrsticNenad Krstic and his on-going bout with the flu. And those are two big questions for tonight's game with the Hawks which some Nets have labeled the "biggest game of the season" - which it will be until they play another game.

But the biggest question is what the heck was up with the NetsNew Jersey Nets in Chicago Tuesday? They played maybe their worst quarter of the season, the second, in what was one of their biggest games. And after looking so good in beating the Cavs and Jazz.

They could have dealt a massive blow to the Bulls, who instead are one game behind the Nets who is turn are one game behind the Hawks. They shot 3-of-19, missed 13 straight shots, scored eight points in the second quarter to fall behind by 24 points at halftime.

"We went kind of stagnant in the second quarter," said Richard JeffersonRichard Jefferson .

Ya think?

"We have to bounce back," Bostjan NachbarBostjan Nachbar said, eyeing tonight. "It's probably the biggest game of the season

I watched that game. I found out Atlanta isn't the only team that can "sleepwalk."

They roared back in the 3rd quarter, after the Bulls ran away and hid in the first

half, but alas, they were just too far back. They cut it to 10 or 12 and then the

Bulls would take it back up 5 or 6 points. Bulls hit some timely 3's during this

push by the Nets to take the starch out of their frantic comeback.

Then, late in the fourth, when it was all over but the crying, the nets scored

some fast points but it was too little too late.

BIG GAME? You bet, big for both teams. Atlanta will end up with a tie OR they

will have a 2 game lead!

he's playing, Krstic isn't

Quote:

Harris Plays; Krstic Can't

Devin Harris proved to be a quick healer.

The point guard, who sprained his right ankle last night in Chicago, was back in the lineup against the Hawks.

Harris got treatment, had his ankle taped up, wore a brace and shot around before the game. He also jogged a little. When he was done he stepped over a few chairs on his way to the locker room. Apparently his ankle was fine.

“Ninety percent, and ninety percent is good enough,” Harris said.

That was good news for the Nets, who need as many healthy players as they can get for their stretch run. They were without Nenad Krstic for the third straight game due to the flu.

Krstic also worked out before the game, but he had trouble breathing. He said, “I’m playing for sure on Friday,” but he couldn’t go tonight.

“I have a problem with my sinus,” Krstic said. “When I ran fullcourt the first time I couldn’t stop coughing.”

http://njmg.typepad.com/zzone/2008/03/harris-plays-kr.html