• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Battier Procedure

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

I'm not an expert on NBA/International rules, but if that article isn't just making all that stuff up, then it is in fact illegal.

This is just some blogger's opinion on a game he doesn't understand. The act of "face guarding" is illegal and not allowed. The act of getting a hand up on a shooter is totally different. The act of shooting creates a different set of criterea. Again, no ref could make that judgement call 100+ times a game and have a watchable product. Was he close enough to the ball? No, he was nearer the face. C'mon!!!!!

I meant NCAA not NBA. It stands to reason that if it's illegal in the NCAA, then it's probably not universally considered to be a legitimate basketball play:

From the NCAA 2006 Rulebook, Page 142, Section 7, Article 4:

Direct Technical Fouls for Unsportsmanlike Player Conduct

Unsportsmanlike acts of players include, but are not limited to, the following:

Article 4. Purposely obstructing an opponent's vision by waving or placing hand(s) near his or her eyes.

Quote:

This is just some blogger's opinion on a game he doesn't understand.

Ironic you said that.

If this rule or lack thereof is not amended I suggest the NBA mandate Kurt Rambis goggles and Rip Hamilton masks for all players ASAP. Then we can watch teams score 40 points a game. nol2.gif

I have never seen the rule inforced. I have never seen any one "waving their hands" infront of a player face either. To me that is different then getting a hand in the face on a shot attempt in college basketball. Count how many times you see or hear a commentator mention this happens and it is never inforced. Nothing shady about it.

This world of "Copsiracy Theorists" is pretty annoying to the rest of us.

I have also never seen states inforce their laws that blow jobs are illegal either.

Surely there is nothing wrong with a good ole' BJ ?............But its against the law ! (Oh please !)

Quote:

I have never seen the rule inforced. I have never seen any one "waving their hands" infront of a player face either. To me that is different then getting a hand in the face on a shot attempt in college basketball. Count how many times you see or hear a commentator mention this happens and it is never inforced. Nothing shady about it.

This world of "Conspiracy Theorists" is pretty annoying to the rest of us.

I have also never seen states inforce their laws that blow jobs are illegal either.

Surely there is nothing wrong with a good ole' BJ ?............But its against the law ! (Oh please !)

I've seen face guarding a little in the NBA back when they were pretty much letting you put your hands all over the man with the ball. But even on those occasions, it was more of them putting their hand on the top of the ball handler's head, trying to keep them from blowing by them on the dribble drive.

Now I DO see face guardng in girl's/women's basketball sometimes. They'll blatantly do it. Tennessee's PG Shannon Bobbitt will do it on occasion when guarding a taller guard. She'll get up in her face and just start waving her hands as close to her opponent's face as possible.

And they never call it.

What Battier did to Kobe over the weekend, isn't even close to face guarding. If that's face guarding, you could call that all the time, like holding in football. Ish, Kobe will literally tap you on the nose sometimes.