• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe Johnson drives the Hawks

txsting

I was looking for correlations to see what causes the Hawks to win. Hawks have played .433 ball to this point. I found no correlation stronger than JJ's scoring:

If JJ scores >23 : Hawks are 17-7 (.708)

If JJ scores 19-23 (within a FG of his average) : 6-11 (.352)

If JJ scores

I can't see where any of the other Hawks scoring has much of an impact on the outcome, among starters and our one regular bench player, Chillz. Look at some other guys outcomes when they score at least 2 pts more than their average:

JS > 19: 8-13 (.380)

JC > 14: 9-9 (.500)

Bib > 15: 3-4 (.429)

MW > 17: 11-12 (.478)

Horf > 12: 5-6 (.454)

Acie > 7: 1-8 (.111)

Zaza > 7: 3-7 (.300)

JJ is THE MAN for this team. Nobody else on the team matters more when it comes down to winning and losing. This really underscores how important it is to have that rock and go to man, especially for this Hawks edition. It looks like when Smoove scores, he does so at detriment to the team. You can't really say whether it is just him being inefficient or whether he only looks to score when things have already gone south.

Maybe someone can find some good correlations on stuff other than points? I wouldn't personally look at assists too much because that can inflated when your team has a good shooting night - they tend to go hand in hand. But maybe rebounding, blocks.....it's interesting to look at.

EDIT: i just glanced at all of Smoove high scoring game logs and he looks to be very efficient in those contests. Hard to say why we lose those games so often.

Bottom line is that when JJ is on, we win more than we lose.

It doesn't really surprise me that we lose more than we win when Smoove scores a lot because he has more of an impact on the game when he has one of those 15/10/5/5 stat lines than he does when he has a 25/7 stat line.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Bottom line is that when JJ is on, we win more than we lose.

It doesn't really surprise me that we lose more than we win when Smoove scores a lot because he has more of an impact on the game when he has one of those 15/10/5/5 stat lines than he does when he has a 25/7 stat line.

I think it has more to do with J-Smoove taking more shots the games that JJ is struggling... When JJ struggles Smoove is the closest thing we have to a player that can create his own shot, and often times the games that JJ disappears are the games that we ask JS to carry our offense... obviously the result of having JS be your primary offensive threat speak for themselves.