• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This was a Hawks bad luck game...

TheDude

Vince Carter who I use to respect until this year, went off. I lost respect because he has really just tanked the last year or so and plays like someone who doesnt expect effort to be a requirement.

Well as good ol' Hawks luck would have it, he just happens to be on fire when he plays us, fighting for the playoffs, against each other. He couldn't miss. Some of the shots that went in should not have gone in although I will respect his dominance. We did lapse on defense in the first half completely as they did also, but he was guarded closely all game and still his shots went down.

That second half aggravated me more than any game in the last month. We go from looking smooth on offense to missing every shot, whether we were open or not. Meanwhile back at the Lucky Strikes Ranch, Vince couldn't miss.

Although I will say this: We should have doubleteamed him as soon as he got the ball, the same as what they did to Joe.

Man I'm pissed right now. We are a better team than that team talent wise, we should have not lost to them, what a load. What a wasted effort by Horford.

If I wasnt expecting a promotion soon (and hence a possible drug test), I would smoke the biggest bowl I could.

I agree Carter was vintage tonight he was hitting some ridiculous shots. He could not be stopped, and it is frustrating because we are better than them.

Still though, we were not rotating on defense. Too often it was a blow by of one defender and then a half-ass or a no-contest of a dunk. And Carter was hot throughout the game, I mean red-hot from the jump, and we still had a 10-point lead at half.

It was frustrating becuz you see the Hawks offensively in the first half and u think they are about to turn that corner, that they have gelled, and then...the second half happens.

WTF Woody sitting JJ the whole 3rd with only 3 fouls. I remember looking at the lineup at one point and thinking, 'ok who is gonna score right now'. Nobody, as it were.

a curse because it allowed many of our guys to believe we could keep scoring at that pace. As a result, they continued to play the same shoddy D that they played in the first half. Actually, the 2nd half D was even worse.

You CAN'T let Vince go to the basket without being physical with him. He has ALWAYS been a shotmaker when he is comfortable and he could not possibly have been more comfortable as we rarely touched him in the lane all night. JJ tried to be physical with him but he picked up those two quick fouls early in the 4th. I wish Woody would have given Mario a shot at him at some point as Mario has shown the ability to defend good SGs man to man with physical D.