• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Won 2 of 3 on the Road People

JackB1

Sure, it would have been nice to beat NJ on the road, but 2 out of 3 on the road is pretty good considering how bad we have been on the road this year. We got up and won the Washington game, but layed a defensive egg for the NJ game. We are still on track for a final record of 39-43 and we can somehow beat Toronto, Boston or Orlando, we can better that.

On this road trip we won the game we were supposed to (Knicks), we lost a game we were supposed to lose (Nets) and we stole one we were supposed to lose (Wizards). All in all, not too bad. After the Orlando game this Sat, we have 5 in a row vs. teams with worse records than us: Chicago 2X, Mil, NY, Memphis. If we just continue to win when we are supposed to and maybe steal one here and there, we will be in great shape.

• Moderators

Its a good point. I didn't see the Nets game unfortunately but sounds like we didn't get blown away. We just failed to defend. But Carter and Jefferson are as good as anyone on our team and they are experienced in these types of games.

Not seeing the game I really don't know but I would have at least let Mario get his fouls and maybe frustrate Carter a little. I didn't even see the results last night. This morning I checked AJC just to see 'Carter lights up Hawks'. UGH. But hey Carter has lit up the Hawks and others before.

Quote:

Its a good point. I didn't see the Nets game unfortunately but sounds like we didn't get blown away. We just failed to defend. But Carter and Jefferson are as good as anyone on our team and they are experienced in these types of games.

Not seeing the game I really don't know but I would have at least let Mario get his fouls and maybe frustrate Carter a little. I didn't even see the results last night. This morning I checked AJC just to see 'Carter lights up Hawks'. UGH. But hey Carter has lit up the Hawks and others before.

The frustrating thing is he lit us up in the same way over and over and over. We didn't do ANYTHING to throw him off his game or try and slow him down. Woodson is the worst coach when it comes to adjusting to what's going on out there.

Quote:

It's not the lost that's bothersome, it's how they lost the game.

Exactly. And the fact that we lost to the team that we are battling inch for inch for that final playoff spot makes it countless times worse than what some people perceive it to be. This was not just an ordinary loss. This is a loss that can end up keeping us out of the playoffs. I would also like to say that I wish this loss would open up some more eyes in the organization, enough to finally get Woodson's ass out of here.

All we have to do is win one on a day that NJ loses and it's the same effect. Everyone overreacts here after one loss. I'll take winning 2/3 on the road any day of the week.

A let down was inevitable after the big win over Washington. Lets hope we can rebound against Orlando Sat. with a solid game.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Sure, it would have been nice to beat NJ on the road, but 2 out of 3 on the road is pretty good considering how bad we have been on the road this year. We got up and won the Washington game, but layed a defensive egg for the NJ game. We are still on track for a final record of 39-43 and we can somehow beat Toronto, Boston or Orlando, we can better that.

On this road trip we won the game we were supposed to (Knicks), we lost a game we were supposed to lose (Nets) and we stole one we were supposed to lose (Wizards). All in all, not too bad. After the Orlando game this Sat, we have 5 in a row vs. teams with worse records than us: Chicago 2X, Mil, NY, Memphis. If we just continue to win when we are supposed to and maybe steal one here and there, we will be in great shape.

There are three things bothersome about the lose:

[*]The loss cost us in a tie break situation with NJ.

[*]The Loss Showed Clearly that we have problems defending teams who attack the basket.

[*]Our Players quit. It was a game where we could make a statement and in the 4th Qtr, we just layed down and quit!

I agree with Jack, the loss sucked but it really appears we have turned our playing around, even if it is just because JJ has started playing better.

For some reason JJ got over whatever was bugging him and started playing even better than expected. At first it didn't get us wins but finally it carried us to a few wins and thru the first half of the NJ game. In the second half, we went back to the just throw it to JJ and let him get doubled and still not do anything offense. JJ lost that perk he had and it didn't help that Bibby was cold and our defense was getting shreaded. On top of that, Vinsanity decided that he needed this game bad. Vince even leaned over wincing with knee pain a few times but still played like a man possessed. Honestly, even if we had played better, I don't know if JJ could have kept us in the game vs Vince. Much like I thought we could have beat Houston but once it was close and TMac wanted it, it was gonna be tough to win.

NJ is better after the trade. Philly is playing better. Those early season horrible losses such as to Seattle may come back and get us in the end. But at least we have been playing better. If we keep it up it'll be a fun finish. Then without Woody next year we should be fine.